JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we're thinking about trading in my wife's car for something new. She's been really wanted a Unlimited JK in the rescue green but since they don't make that color anymore she's not to sure.
But anyway we went and looked at the new Tundras and man are they nice!! We're looking to get the double cab 5.7L V8 with the red rock leather interior. We just love the look of the truck overall and it seems to ride smooth and everything.

Any inputs on the new Tundras??

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Well we're thinking about trading in my wife's car for something new. She's been really wanted a Unlimited JK in the rescue green but since they don't make that color anymore she's not to sure.
But anyway we went and looked at the new Tundras and man are they nice!! We're looking to get the double cab 5.7L V8 with the red rock leather interior. We just love the look of the truck overall and it seems to ride smooth and everything.

Any inputs on the new Tundras??
Send a PM to Hitmoney...he has some experience driving that truck. Ask him about the secret compartment in the dash!!:grinpimp:

Also, we were coming back from Ocala and he was towing his Jeep with the Tundra at 90mph. The truck has balls!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
My dad has a tundra, jeez I think it might be 8 or 9 yrs old and he LOVES it. never had a problem with it. beefed up air filter thing and dual exhaust. i considered getting one myself before i ended up with the jk. if i ever do end up with a truck, that will be the one.

as far as interiors go... man... as long as it's got a functional a/c button, who cares? i mean, you certainly don't want it falling apart or anything, but it's a TRUCK. all these pretty little trucks with their pretty little nancy boys in ties driving them who don't even know how to put it in 4wd is pretty ghey to me. you want a purty interior, get a girly car.

besides, if she was considering a jeep, it ain't like the interiors in the jeeps are luxurious.

truthfully, i wanted the rescue green SO bad... but there are no 09s in that color. my choice was silver or the sunburst orange. no offense to anyone else, but EVERYONE has a silver jeep so it was not an option. i detest orange, but actually it's growing on me now and I rather like it. besides, i have NEVER seen another sunburst on the road. which makes my philandering that much more difficult but that's another story... ;)

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
Send a PM to Hitmoney...he has some experience driving that truck. Ask him about the secret compartment in the dash!!:grinpimp:

Also, we were coming back from Ocala and he was towing his Jeep with the Tundra at 90mph. The truck has balls!!
Yes, the one I have experience with is an 09 Magnum V8 and it does haul some serious ass. It has to be one of the most powerful pick up trucks I have ever driven.... but that comes at a cost of MPG. i think I got 7-8 mpg towing my rig... but then again I was doing 80-90mph.

This one was a 4 door and the cabin area is caverness! The back seats have more room than my Cadillac DTS..

And yeah... the secret compartment on the drivers side dash swallowed my check books for about a week when the car detailers stuck them in there. i was about to cancell my accounts before I finally found them.

It is an outstanding truck for light to medium duty stuff... but remember the MPG on the big motor is teh suck.

If they made a HD version dually I would definitely be down for that!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'll keep my K2500HD Can't get a 8.1 big block anymore
Boys and girls can you say 450 pounds of torque

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the info guys.

towing a heep at 90mph... hahaha.. wow. and the interior is massive on the 4 doors that's what we looked at when we went cuz it was the only one they had with the interior we liked. i couldn't believe how big it was inside.

i know it's a truck but it'll probably be our "nice" vehicle to take out and travel with and stuff like that. The heep is our dirty, beat to hell vehicle.

i wish we had the money to get her a 4 door and the tundra too but that's a little much all at once!! haha so we'll have to do 1 or the other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts