JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAKOTA TERRITORY CHALLENGE 2009
FOUR-WHEELING IN THE BLACK HILLS OF SOUTH DAKOTA

Dear Four Wheeling Enthusiast:

The Black Hills 4-Wheelers are proud to present the 27th ANNUAL DAKOTA TERRITORY CHALLENGE. The Challenge will be held September 3rd through September 7th, 2009.

The Dakota Territory Challenge offers a variety of trails with several levels of difficulty. We have trails that are just for you whether you like scenic tours, moderate trails, or technical rock crawling. Trail ratings are assigned so that you know the vehicle requirements for each trail. All vehicles will undergo a technical inspection and will be ranked based on the vehicle requirements listed in the trail ratings. Please review the vehicle requirements and come prepared.

After a great first event with the new owners of the campground last year we are proud to announce that the headquarters will be at the Whispering Pines Campground again this year. The General Store has a full line of groceries, snack bar and western style gift shop. With breakfast specials every morning, sack lunches available for lunch on the trail and a supper special each night when you return you won’t go hungry! The campground is located at the intersection of US Highway 385 and the Silver City junction. In addition to our normal camping, Whispering Pines has four cabins and one house for rent. Call 605-341-3667 for reservations if you are interested in the rentals or if you will be arriving early for the Challenge. You can also check their web site www.blackhillswhisperingpines.com. Camping spots are on a first come first serve basis. Please check in with the campground upon arrival. If arriving late you must park on the gravel road around the store. Do not pull into a campsite without registering. Please make sure you put blocks under your jacks and use a sewer stop.

Registration is due no later than May 15, 2009. The 2009 Challenge is limited to 100-registered vehicles. Registrations will be processed using a lottery system. All registrations will be assigned a number as they are received and a drawing will be held after the cutoff date of May 15th, 2009. If you want to attend the event with friends, put all your registrations together in the same envelope. Multiple registrations in one envelope will be drawn together during the lottery. Cancellations prior to July 1st, 2009 will be refunded after the Challenge. Cancellations after July 1st, 2009 are non-refundable. Registration transfers will be accepted if notification of the transfer is received by August 15th, 2009. Please make sure that you sign the back of the application before you mail it in.

We offer sweatshirts, T-shirts, hats, coffee mugs and pins imprinted with the Challenge logo. If you would like any of this merchandise, please send your order and payment with your registration. Should you need more information or help with a specific situation, please write or call us.

Applications can be downloaded here:

http://www.bh4wheelers.com/Dakota Territory Challenge/2008 Challenge/2008 dtc info.htm

There is contact info listed on the applications if you need any additional information or have questions.

Happy Trails!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anybody has any questions about the event or registration issues feel free to give me a shout. My email and phone number are listed on the application that can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.bh4wheelers.com/Dakota%20Territory%20Challenge/2008%20Challenge/2008%20dtc%20info.htm

We welcome any vendors that would like to come to the event and wheel or just come to pimp their goods. Contact me for vendor information if your interested.
We also welcome any media that would like to come check out the event. Contact me for information.

See ya on the trails!

Todd Zick
09' DTC Director

· Registered
31 Posts
Been there, done that. . .

Hey Guys, I did this trip a few years ago with my CJ. If you can make it, these guys are a great bunch of wheelers, and the trails are sick! Without a doubt one of the best run events I've ever attended. . . :beer::beer:

and bonus - the year we were there, Harry Wagonner went along when we did Kong, and I ended up with my CJ in JP magazine! :bounce: Here's the pic. . .

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.