JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Austin, TX 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 6- speed manual tranny 4x4 w/ 6700 miles
This Jeep is one of a kind:
3" Pro Comp Lift and Suspension
35" Pro Comp Tires/ Wheels
All the above was dealer installed at Benny Boyd Jeep in Lampasas
Also comes with:
Reinforced Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier covered in Rhino Lining - 500lb capacity

Following was installed by Spillars Custom Hitches:
Roadmaster XL Series 'Hidden' Brackets for towing behind a Motorhome
Hard wired 6 way plug (works brake lights on Jeep off of RV power when towing)
Battery cutoff switch
Jeep Factory installed options include:
Power windows/ locks/ alarm
Keyless entry
Onboard computer for direction, temp, mpg, miles to empty, trip mileage etc..
wireless tire pressure sensors
3 piece freedom hard top
Cruise Control

Just like new, no dings or dents. Absolutely perfect.
The VIN is 1J4GA39158L509059. Check it out on Carfax, there's nothing there.
The color is Steel Blue Metallic

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it too much?

Okay tell me honestly, do I have this priced too high? I bought it for 32k 6 months ago.
I have this thing for sale all over the internet and have not had one offer.
What's the best way to sell this Jeep.:bawling:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
well a lot of people look at buying a modded jeep as a good but possibly bad thing. Good that its done so they dont have to do it, bad because lord knows how it could be installed. Not to mention with current gas prices a used JK, and 1 on 35's, is not going to fly off the shelf fast. I just got a Rubicon Unlimited used, 4500 miles, half doors from a dealer for $23k. You might have to drop the price more to get it gone.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Okay tell me honestly, do I have this priced too high? I bought it for 32k 6 months ago.
I have this thing for sale all over the internet and have not had one offer.
What's the best way to sell this Jeep.:bawling:
yes....

part it out and sell everything you can and put it back to stock. Atleast this way you won't take a big hit on it.

I've done that two vehicles and calculated it out in making about $2500 extra on each car.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
My opinions on this forum are not very respected, however...I have sold plenty of cars and jeeps over the years. If I lend advice to someone, you can bet it's honest and well thought out. You likely don't want to hear this but....FIRST: Price is too high for several reasons. It is almost impossible to get ANY reimbursement for modifications to a vehicle (incl wheels). The killer looking "bling" may get the attention of perspective buyer, but the modification (cost) will likely not be compensated. I ABSOLUTELY agree that the jeep should be taken back to stock specs if at all possible/ feasible. Whatever "list" you have that contains ALL the things you've spent $ on (above the jeep purchase price) should be forgotten. The important factors are: condition, mileage, and "appeal". Several things about your particular vehicle will not be found appealing to perspective buyers. People are being "crunched" by HIGH gas $ right now and likely we will see this trend continue. Big tires are scaring people away. Like was stated before...get them off the vehicle, even if you keep the lift in tact. The 6sp manual will also bring less interest than if automatic. I would totally get rid of the "towed in snow" picture as well. Look at Kelly blue book values (you can get this online or at your bank). The ONLY numbers to set the price by, should be indicated by the high/ low- trade in/ sell values listed. With low mileage and in good condition and with no "severe" mods, the vehicle will likely sell before too long, but not at that price. GOOD LUCK...

·
Registered
306 Posts
you should donate the lift tires and wheels to me and write it off on your taxes. then sell it stock. for real if you sell that lift I am interested.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
was really kidding...its just that most of you guys can run circles around the "average joe 6 pack" when it comes to knowledge and experience. You have to admit that some of the questions and "rambling derelict activity" can make a (smart) guys head swim. I have a great deal of respect for this site and (sometimes) feel like a puppy playing w/ pit bulls...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interested in a trade for a 2006 Audi A6? It's fully loaded and in near mint condition. I have pictures if you're interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts