JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up some LEDs to my reverse light wire (white and grey). The LEDs are custom drilled in my bumper. They worked for a while, but now I don't have any reverse lights. Did I blow a fuse or relay? Anyone have any idea what happened and a solution to get power back to my reverse lights? There is no power in white and grey wire now when I put it in reverse.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I don't see a fuse for the backup lights in the wiring diagram. There is a backup lamp relay on one of the circuit boards inside the TIPM.

The first thing I would check is see if you can hear the relay click on and off as someone puts the transmission into and out of reverse. Use a mechanic's stethoscope or the screwdriver handle to the ear method.

Since you are getting no power on the wt/gy wire, trace it forward, probing for power every few feet. See if it has power before you get to the TIPM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I probed wire and it runs to a plug that is mounted to the washer overflow I'm not sure where it goes from there. Can you tell me what relay this hooks to, and is this relay in the fuse box?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Ok, I probed wire and it runs to a plug that is mounted to the washer overflow I'm not sure where it goes from there. Can you tell me what relay this hooks to, and is this relay in the fuse box?
Washer overflow? Not sure what you mean.

The wire is wt/gy all the way to the connector under the TIPM, (TIPM = fuse box).

The relay is on one of the circuit boards inside the TIPM.
Have you checked to see if you can hear it click when someone puts the transmission into and out of reverse a few times?

Here is a picture of the backup lamp relay:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts