JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i bought this around 10-12 months ago from insurance as water damage.I bought with intention of motor being bad and i would just put a hemi in it..well I brought it home drained the gas tank,motor and tranny,changed plugs and I have put over 10,000 miles on it since.It has 54000 miles on it as of now,I still drive it everyday.It did have a little water in it as to how much I dont know,There wasnt any sand or dirt anything inside of jeep, and everything has worked fine.Back in the wintrer the abs and esp light come on and it comes on and goes off,but could be from alignment or etc,as I read that issue alot on here.The tranny is the only issue,I was told to try a speed sensor,sometimes it will chatter like ot doesnt know when to shift,you can let off and give it gas and its fine,it doesnt slip or anything just does that,but it has been doing that for the last 10,000 miles as well.Im not afraid to drive anywhere in this jeep either,,its a jeep...It has a 2.5 spacer lift,gibson exhaust, a aev procal,k&n intake, black leather seats, around 8000 miles on the new 35 km2 i put on as well,, 15000 firm, they are bringing close to this wrecked, Im just ready to move on to something else.It has a ky rebuilt title as well.. [email protected]

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Water damage on these really doesn't mean much especially because insurance deems any water claim a total loss even if they aren't..if the wiring harness is intact your in business... I just replaced a motor and tranny for $1500 because of the same thing..someone is gonna score big time on this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts