JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware of forum ediquette so being my first post is a for sale ad, I expect a comment or two.
That being said, I can't think of a better place to list this. I will answer your questions the best I can and get you as many pictures as possible. Too many toys forces me to sell my wifes daily driver.

2008 Wrangler, 5.7 Hemi installed using AEV components. 4" Superlift, Brand new set of Goodyear's (for winter driving) AND a set of Nitto Mud Grapplers for all other fun (about 8000 miles on them, only one set of rims). Both are 35x12.5x17.

The Jeep has 11k miles and the motor and tranny have the same. Install done by a Mopar fanatic and everything works perfectly. Remote start and all power goodies work just like factory new. Does NOT have Nav, but I don't think that is why you are looking at this rig in the first place.
Amazing power, healthy sound, easy driver. No problems driving in 104 degree temps on backroads or to the mini-mart for milk. Definite head turning rig.

You can post here, PM me or email me ([email protected]) for questions. I ran out of money before adding all the other fun farkles like winch, bumpers, racks etc. This allows you to customize it YOUR way. The Jeep itself is near perfect but I can't say it is showroom new because I have taken it off road, in the rain, in the snow, in the mud. That's why I bought it.

Price is $48,000. I may be interested in a trade but I already own an original CJ6 with so don't be bummed if a trade does not work out. I appreciate you taking the time to view.

Cheers,
Douglas Meier
Sheridan, Wyoming
:beer:

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
this is a nice buy. like the OP stated the perfect base to make it YOUR way. if i didn't have JK fever back in 2008 this would be perfect!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Enough power to really break something :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make it yours

Thanks for the bump 4x

this is a nice buy. like the OP stated the perfect base to make it YOUR way. if i didn't have JK fever back in 2008 this would be perfect!
Metal,
It is indeed the perfect base, I am confident the new owners (whomever that is) will have a blast adding their personal touches.

"Enough power to really break something :D "

Yes, yes it does have power...

Thanks,

Doug :beer:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Install

Install was done by a Mopar mechanic in the area. (fanatic about his workmanship)

No warning lights or issues at all. The TPM lights (tire pressure) could come on (when it gets really, really cold) but nothing to do with Hemi install.

Very, very clean install. The fan is currently hooked up to run all the time. Never had a heating issue, it was just done that way to prevent any issues. I have driven in some extreme heat pulling steep grades and no problems whatsoever. Mobile 1 has been my oil of choice. No knocks, pings or other issues running either high octane or 88 unleaded. (I prefer to run highest octane by habit) Running 75mph down the interstate, 16.9 mpg. Running 85 on cruise with stiff Wyoming headwind, 11.5 mpg. Gearing is stock, but even with all the power and the 35's, I think 4:88 would be a better choice to let the overdrive do it's job and give an even slower crawl. There is no lack of power, only a happier rpm range and shift points for where I normally drive when on the highway. I have been thinking of a set of 37's for off road and selling my 35" Nitto's, if I do, the 4:88 swap will happen first.

Doug

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd give ya 22,000 and my wife.

But then again, maybe that's not a good deal for you... sure wasn't for me.:shaking:

·
Registered
102 Posts
23,000 and my wife....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmmmmm....

I will have to pass on that offer. I am sure that others on the forum will jump at your offer and I will probably regret it down the road.

Doug

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in the market for a Hemi JK....unfortunately, I can get a brand new '11 Rubicon (leather and NAV) with dealer installed Hemi on 35's for mid $50's. I love your color and "mild build" combo! I'll send you a PM though...sorry to hear your selling?? Reason???

·
Registered
107 Posts
PM sent...ten days ago...:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts