JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 2008 JK that can change the shift points and what one is it? I have searched and many people offer there knowledge but I need to know from someone that actually has one and changed there shift points in a 2008 JK model.

I know flashpaq 3872 does not. I have one. Superchips does not offer "advance shift tune" as mentioned in many websites. I called them and asked to verify that. The only thing I see in the tuner, in the advance tune, is "optimized shift points" without the ability to change the shifting rpm. I want to set the schedules myself. It shifts way to early for me.

So if you have a tuner, any tuner, that can change the transmission shift point schedule for older 2008 jk model please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
the only thing you can change with the trail dash is WOT shift points. yes i also would love to change how soon it up shifts. light throttle its in 4th with the tc locked at like 35 mph

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
the only thing you can change with the trail dash is WOT shift points. yes i also would love to change how soon it up shifts. light throttle its in 4th with the tc locked at like 35 mph
You can always push the O/D button to keep it in 3rd. Mine is off all the time I'm not on the highway. I use the shift lever once in a while, too, when I don't agree with what the computer wants to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. The flashpaq does this for me too. The low shift points say "Select user shift schedule to modify." However the shift schedules only allow you to select "Superchips" or "stock" not user. User is not available. Its a bummer. You can only change wide open throttle (WOT). I never go WOT.

I called diablosport and they say you can change shift schedules with theirs. Does anyone have a trinity or intune that can verify this? I want to make sure before buying another programmer / tuner only to be disappointed that it can't.

I always have OD off unless I am on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Yep. The flashpaq does this for me too. The low shift points say "Select user shift schedule to modify." However the shift schedules only allow you to select "Superchips" or "stock" not user. User is not available. Its a bummer. You can only change wide open throttle (WOT). I never go WOT.

I called diablosport and they say you can change shift schedules with theirs. Does anyone have a trinity or intune that can verify this? I want to make sure before buying another programmer / tuner only to be disappointed that it can't.

I always have OD off unless I am on the freeway.
Confirmed. I have the Diablosport Trinity and can modify shift parameters. With the Diablosport you actually get to change much more than just WOT shift points. You can change when you trans shifts between certain gears based on RPM's at certain throttle percentages. It is an excellent feature.

a short example:

at 15% throttle you can have have the 1st to 2nd shift at a certain rpm, say 2500.
you can have 2nd to 3rd shift at 3000 and 3rd to 4th at 3000...or whatever rpm's you select.

at 10% and 40% throttle, same thing. I think there are 3 or 4 throttle percentages to adjust shift points on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Confirmed. I have the Diablosport Trinity and can modify shift parameters. With the Diablosport you actually get to change much more than just WOT shift points. You can change when you trans shifts between certain gears based on RPM's at certain throttle percentages. It is an excellent feature.

a short example:

at 15% throttle you can have have the 1st to 2nd shift at a certain rpm, say 2500.
you can have 2nd to 3rd shift at 3000 and 3rd to 4th at 3000...or whatever rpm's you select.

at 10% and 40% throttle, same thing. I think there are 3 or 4 throttle percentages to adjust shift points on.

Thanks! That is what I want. Appreciate the feedback!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts