1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Component Description:
VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD
Bulletin Number: 2304706
Bulletin Date: Oct 06
Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Summary:
CRACKED WINDSHIELD DUE TO BEING HIT BY A FOREIGN OBJECT LIKE A STONE.
( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10021248 )

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Component Description:
VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD
Bulletin Number: 2304706
Bulletin Date: Oct 06
Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Summary:
CRACKED WINDSHIELD DUE TO BEING HIT BY A FOREIGN OBJECT LIKE A STONE.
( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10021248 )
This is a recall? So if I get a rock in my windshield they fix it?

·
Registered
155 Posts
do you think they will reimburse me for the 3 that i already replaced:shaking:

·
Registered
453 Posts
The TSB just tells the tech how to determine if the glass cracked because a rock hit it or if it was stressed (poor installation, body flex, etc). Basically if there is any damage to the surface like a pit, then a rock hit it and they tell you to file an insurance claim. Good luck getting glass replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Good post, mines in for warranty BS today anyway, having them look into the crack from this weekend. Just cracked sitting there, no rock hits or anything, started about a 1/2" off the bottom of the dash on pass side and it cracked about 5" in 8 hours. We'll see what happens.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
Just to clairify - Under which circumstances would a replacement be in order? I got a chip in my widshield about a 1/2 mile from the dealer the night I took posession. It'd be great to get a freebie.

Still, I'd hate for them to eff it up and end up with leaky seals around the windshield.
If something hit it and it chipped it wont be replaced. The recall is basically if it cracked for no reason.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Just to clairify - Under which circumstances would a replacement be in order? I got a chip in my widshield about a 1/2 mile from the dealer the night I took posession. It'd be great to get a freebie.

Still, I'd hate for them to eff it up and end up with leaky seals around the windshield.
If they can take a ball point pen and run it along the crack and not find a single chip then that indicates it did not break from a foreign object and MAY replace it.

If it got hit by something then they willnot do it under warranty

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If they can take a ball point pen and run it along the crack and not find a single chip then that indicates it did not break from a foreign object and MAY replace it.

If it got hit by something then they willnot do it under warranty
What he said, mine indeed had a rock chip all the way down at the lowest point, otherwise he stated it would have been covered. I never saw the chip before till he pointed it out, very clear it was a rock though, oh well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts