JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sons new truck,(Chevy 4x4 Z71),> we just put these tires & wheels on. ProComp A/T's(33's) & ProComp Extreme Wheels. The first time I've been in a 6.6 Duramax 6 speed Auto, WoW!, does it run.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats a nice rig........ If I had the coin i'd be signin up on one of those too!

[3="Red"]33's fit without a lift...?[/COLOR]
No,..had to crank Torsion Bars up 10 turns about 1-1/2 front lift & trim some plastic fender liner in (lower rear). No rubbing at all in the front now, Believe me, this is a bad a$$ truck when it comes to a hard run-out, power power power.....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome truck, I'm hoping to replace my 2001 1500 Silverado Z-71 with one of those in a year or so.
He had a F-250 V10 before this that he loved, but, this is a whole different ball game...I'm still impressed everytime he takes me somewhere, it feels like the Muscle Cars of my late 1960's years > you'll love it. I'm mounting his CB tomorrow & found a nice place up & under his dash.

·
Registered
26 Posts
He had a F-250 V10 before this that he loved, but, this is a whole different ball game...I'm still impressed everytime he takes me somewhere, it feels like the Muscle Cars of my late 1960's years > you'll love it. I'm mounting his CB tomorrow & found a nice place up & under his dash.
That is so sweet...making me want to go test drive one again just so I can drool some more. Post up some pics when you get that CB installed. Thanks!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is so sweet...making me want to go test drive one again just so I can drool some more. Post up some pics when you get that CB installed. Thanks!
I sure will,..I went over to the Diesel Forum & I studied the picture's of the CB Antenna Bracket for that truck & just made one that worked perfect.....drivers side opposite the Radio Antenna.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I sure will,..I went over to the Diesel Forum & I studied the picture's of the CB Antenna Bracket for that truck & just made one that worked perfect.....drivers side opposite the Radio Antenna.
Awesome. Did you go with a mount through the fender or through the seem on the hood?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Did you go with a mount through the fender or through the seem on the hood?
We went with the seam Mount, I built him a mount & it wasn't hard. 2 bolts already there in the seam so the "ground" was great. Got done late so pic's will come maybe tomorrow. It really sounded great with that Wilson FGT4' Antenna, nice little radio Shack ShackTRC 521 that I gave him. Found the Firewall Grommet right behind brake pedal & upper left, the coax & red/black went right through with a little slit cut into it..

Antenna Bracket:

·
Registered
26 Posts
We went with the seam Mount, I built him a mount & it wasn't hard. 2 bolts already there in the seam so the "ground" was great. Got done late so pic's will come maybe tomorrow. It really sounded great with that Wilson FGT4' Antenna, nice little radio Shack ShackTRC 521 that I gave him. Found the Firewall Grommet right behind brake pedal & upper left, the coax & red/black went right through with a little slit cut into it..

Antenna Bracket:
That's awesome and great to hear everything turned out so great. I remember how much I used to battle that grommet for wiring everything from lights to stereo equipment until I had a friend of mine tell me to tape the wires to a wire coat hanger and thread them through that way....been a lot easier ever since. Thanks for sharing that. I might have to "borrow":D that idea for my 86 Jimmy when it comes time for the CB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts