JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a used soft top off of this site. I can't get it to fit properly. It was off of an 08 2 door. I'm asking $150 plus shipping for it. It includes everything but the bar that goes through the rear window. Including door surrounds and tinted windows. I know, if I can't get it to work, who can? Make an offer, I've seen door surrounds for $150 on this site, so I don't think I'm too far off on price. Material is in good shape, no fading no tears, and no evidence of leaks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is this a factory top? Where specifically did you have problems with fitment? Also what color is it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The top is from an 08, my jk is an 09. It seems that the front bow contacts the door surrounds and its extremely hard to latch the header.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The top is from an 08, my jk is an 09. It seems that the front bow contacts the door surrounds and its extremely hard to latch the header.
Its a factory top, black

I'm also interested in parting this thing out too.

Door surrounds(pair) $60
Tented windows (each) $40
All windows $100
tailgate clips $free
All other parts, make offer

All prices are negotiable and shipping is on your dime

·
Registered
479 Posts
Will this fit a 2007's stock hardware? If so, how much for the top and the windows shipped to 33626? (I don't need the hardware...just the sailcloth pieces.)

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you were closer to me I would've taken this thing a month ago. But a 5 hour drive negates the find. Damn!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you were closer to me I would've taken this thing a month ago. But a 5 hour drive negates the find. Damn!
I would have met you part way, but thats how it goes. I guess if the wife start on me sooner, it would have been on here for sale earlier. I'll blame her

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will this fit a 2007's stock hardware? If so, how much for the top and the windows shipped to 33626? (I don't need the hardware...just the sailcloth pieces.)
I would ship it if you threw in $30 towards shipping. I don't know exactly how much it would be. If you can wait until Monday (my next day off) I'll get an exact total. If its over $30, I'll cover the rest of the shipping. If its less, we'll lower the shipping quote. Would you need the header also? I don't have a use for it, but didn't know if you want it. My brother lives in Tampa and will be heading with me to Moab then back to Tampa the first week in July, there may be an option there to. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More info of issues

I've talked to some techs and I've even talked to someone at bestop. I know that this is a factor top. Suggestions as to what is the issue range from warped hardware to shrunken fabric. I can't find any bent metal, so I'm assuming its the fabric. That said, the last thing I want to do is screw someone out of their money by selling junk. I think the best course will be to part this out. The windows, door surrounds, and mounting brackets are all in great shape. A few scratches on the door surrounds.

Sorry, I should have made those calls to the experts, before I posted it for sale. Like I said, I'm just trying to be honest and not screw anyone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a factory top, black

Door surrounds(pair) $60
Tented windows (each) $40
All windows $100
tailgate clips $free
Roll bar Brackets $25 (I purchased new in July'10)
Windshield header seal $40 (I purchased new in July'10, still in package)
All other parts, make offer

All prices are negotiable and shipping is on your dime
Parting out only. I'm not sure of the cause of the problems with this top, but the following are in perfect working order.

·
Registered
213 Posts
PM Sent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts