JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a kit that modifies the front passenger seat brackets to allow easier entry for rear passengers? I have an 09 2 door and would really like to hang on to it. (Baby on the way)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Easier entry as in what? Seat moving further forward?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Anyone know of a kit that modifies the front passenger seat brackets to allow easier entry for rear passengers? I have an 09 2 door and would really like to hang on to it. (Baby on the way)
I have a baby on the way as well and would like easier access to the back seats so curious as well.

You may try a seat frame for a 2011. My seats fold and tumble just like my tj's did.
I didn't know the '11 front passenger seat folded and tumbled, that might be a good idea.

-Dan

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I didn't know the '11 front passenger seat folded and tumbled, that might be a good idea.

-Dan
^^^^^^^^^^^

X2 Wondering if the seat frame is available and does it bolt up to 08 floor, without modification ?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Next time I'm at my dealer I'm taking measurements on a 2011

Sent via Pony Express

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm so this may become my side business. I can manufacture and sell 2011 brackets for you guys. Give me some 2009 seat dimensions and i'll make some up. I have a 2011 so I can copy off of that!! Of course the origional posters and people who give dimesions will get free test brackets!:grinpimp: Have welder-will fabricate!

·
Registered
913 Posts
It really only gives you another 3"s or so now that I look at it. The passenger seat may go further because the lack of steering wheel, but mine is broken and doesn't flip at all so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The front 2 bolts are 11"s apart. The bolts are 17 1/2"s apart front to rear.
Just measured my 09 2 door and the bolts were about 11.5" and 22.5"s apart. Seems like the brackets are totally different if we measured the same bolts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts