JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my lift the last weekend and i love the new height of it, tho it does look kinda funny with the small tires. This was my first lift i have ever installed so it did take a little longer than i thought it would but i got everything on and after i got it aligned it drives great so far.

I dont have shocks or tires yet they will we ordered this week ill be going with the RRD shocks and nitto trail grapplers in the 35" flavor and keeping the stock wheels. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
376 Posts
If I not mistaken you will need spacers for your wheels if you plan on running 35's!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
If I not mistaken you will need spacers for your wheels if you plan on running 35's!
^this

but that rig will look nice[er] with the 35s! I am a stock wheel fan myself.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Rig looks awesome dude. You definately need bigger meat but once you put those 35s on it will badass! I like the look of the stock wheels as well, but the backspacing sucks. I love RKs pro line. Pricey, but you pay for what you get!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I meant to say that I installed the wheels spacers while I was putting the lift on. I am a fan of the wheels as well but I might paint them black but we will see

Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Brawler rockers and 35's or 37's will to it off nicely.
Or trim the rear end of the Rubi rail.
I did my lift and flares before I did the tires and gears. Made the 32's look tiny. :D

Sent from my DROID LXIX using tapakegga

·
Registered
376 Posts
I vote 37's as I regret getting 35's.

Your rig is beautiful now just wait tip you get some meets!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Sorry I meant to say that I installed the wheels spacers while I was putting the lift on. I am a fan of the wheels as well but I might paint them black but we will see

Thanks for the compliments.
You should paint em a dark gray or a gun silver. That would look sick! Just kidding, paint em however you want. Hahaha. I just love silver highlights on a Jeep I think it looks awesome

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Nice rig, I like that color.

·
Registered
86 Posts
looking at your swaybar endlinks, seems like your axle is off just a little bit by the lift. adjustable tracbar will fix that. Looks really good. 35's will pull it off!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice looking Rig!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I notice your not running a steering stabilizer or the RK high steer, how is it without? Steering wise (obviously :))

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Speaking of painting tires, anyone know if you can blue a set of wheels the same way you would do to a gun barrel? That would look kickass.
Not really, barrells are a different kind of steel. Bare aluminum could be treated with a bluing chemical but it does a weird kinda white rust if not buffed with the chemical frequently.

Message spread by Paul Revere

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I vote 37's as I regret getting 35's.

Your rig is beautiful now just wait tip you get some meets!
thanks but idk if i am ready for 37s yet this being my first rig and all, also i dont have the money to strengthen the axles just yet but we will see.

looking at your swaybar endlinks, seems like your axle is off just a little bit by the lift. adjustable tracbar will fix that. Looks really good. 35's will pull it off!
I didnt really look into i figured after the alignment it would be centered ill have to check it out, do i just measure form the center of the tire to the wheel well on each side?

I notice your not running a steering stabilizer or the RK high steer, how is it without? Steering wise (obviously :))
it is actually not to bad there is a little play in the steering wheel but not much i will be putting it back on soon enough tho.
What size are those tires? And is it a spacer lift?
well if you read the title of the post youll see that it is RK 2.5" max travel pro lift :thefinger: so to answer your question no it is not a spacer lift and the tires are stock

·
Registered
376 Posts
thanks but idk if i am ready for 37s yet this being my first rig and all, also i dont have the money to strengthen the axles just yet but we will see.

I didnt really look into i figured after the alignment it would be centered ill have to check it out, do i just measure form the center of the tire to the wheel well on each side?

it is actually not to bad there is a little play in the steering wheel but not much i will be putting it back on soon enough tho.

well if you read the title of the post youll see that it is RK 2.5" max travel pro lift :thefinger: so to answer your question no it is not a spacer lift and the tires are stock
I still recommend strengthening your axles! These are 35's !

1 - 20 of 55 Posts