JKOwners Forum banner

Jersey Crew Holiday Party?

• Yes - I'm in whenever it is.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yes - Before Christmas

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes - After Christmas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter as long as there is BACON!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No, I'm busy and am generally scroogy around this time of year.

• No - We're not that type of people.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**NOT OFFICIAL - GATHERING INFO ONLY**

It has been suggested/mentioned/discussed, that we (the Jersey Crew) should try and have a (in)formal gathering to celebrate the holiday season, with a nice ride through the woods and a (semi-sponsored) meal at the Pic afterwards. With that said, several questions come to mind, which I will pose below, and try to get into a poll above:

Who would be interested?
Jersey Crew Only? (or earn your bones that day..)
Before or after Christmas? (limited Saturdays available before the 25th, with traditional holiday parties already in the works..) 12/10..12/17 or 1/7/12..1/14/12..1/21/12 NFL Playoffs to be aware of, etc.

So..interested, state your case. If not, tell me to STFU and GTFO!

-Per unsub, after the Toy Run?

Christian

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
Right on. We'll already be there. And that's midway through November anyway. Close enough to the Holidays for me.

:beer::beer:
Speaking of being "close enough" The fuckin Giant by me had all their Christmas stuff out on the shelves BEFORE Halloween was even over. I asked at the nitwit stocking the shelves (as if that stoner has any say in the matter) if they're eventually just gonna start getting earlier and earlier with it until they're stocking for Christmas 2014 the day before Christmas 2013? Got the totally blank, open mouth, half closed eye stoner stare by way of a response.:pissed:

/RANT

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
now I know I can only put up 140 max lights.... but I would like to keep my silver skull on the spare for a while..... I never decorated a vehicle before but it is FUNNY! Kids love it...... Miss Barb, can you drive us today?....he he he...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Speaking of being "close enough" The fuckin Giant by me had all their Christmas stuff out on the shelves BEFORE Halloween was even over. I asked at the nitwit stocking the shelves (as if that stoner has any say in the matter) if they're eventually just gonna start getting earlier and earlier with it until they're stocking for Christmas 2014 the day before Christmas 2013? Got the totally blank, open mouth, half closed eye stoner stare by way of a response.:pissed:

/RANT
ha ha hee hee.....

·
Registered
906 Posts

/RANT
We went to Deptford Mall last weekend and the stores already had fucking Xmas decorations and music. I was like "WTF?"

·
Registered
906 Posts
now I know I can only put up 140 max lights.... but I would like to keep my silver skull on the spare for a while..... I never decorated a vehicle before but it is FUNNY! Kids love it...... Miss Barb, can you drive us today?....he he he...
That's awesome! I just started to wonder how I can put lights on the Jeep for the toy run. Will a voltage converter do the job?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
power inverters run a wide range of wattage and prices. From 25 to a couple hundred. I have the cheap-ass one that I think we bought to make mudslides at a buffet concert or something. you can get way better than that pos.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That's awesome! I just started to wonder how I can put lights on the Jeep for the toy run. Will a voltage converter do the job?
Nikki (wishbear) started it.....depends on how many lights you want! I can't see out the back anyway, but I have good ideas for Xmas lights! I haven't been pulled over yet so I guess it's okay. Doug just laughed at me.:thefinger:

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
And we will be wheeling with Santa that day. Well have our own Santa.
Mid November's still a touch early for me, but at least we're doing something in the spirit of the season. This was a Giant in friggin October, just trying to skew their holiday numbers by sellin a little extra swag for cryin out loud. Pisses me off that Halloween and Thanksgiving get overshadowed by what's largely become an empty holiday for a lotta people.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

/RANT
My usual response is a majority of people who celebrate also have a tradition of setting up thanksgiving night... And then I say this is a multi billion dollar corporation do you honestly think they would waste time on setting this early if they didn't test and anticipate a huge swell in sales. It's not like they actually care about the holidays they care about your hard earned dollars you spend here. To this effect I get the half eyed open slack jawed look you speak of and ten minutes later see them with a half full cart of holiday cheer

Just cuz I like to fuck with ya Dan lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.