JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up this really nice rust-free Willys last Fall with every intention of building it up for hardcore trail duty. Unfortunately, I just haven't the time or funds to get into a build right now. Then I thought I'd just drive it around bone stock and enjoy it as intended...until my insurance agent told me what adding another car to my policy was going to cost me. I've got $7000 into it right now and I'd like to at least come close to breaking even. Here's what's new:

Steel replacement body
Wiring harness
Military style tires
Exhaust system
Windshield
Brakes
Gas tank
E-brake assembly
Gauges

The frame was completely painted while the body was off as was the motor/tranny/transfer case. The interior is duralined as well as the inside of the fenderwells. There is no rust anywhere. Starts and runs very well...3 speed tranny shifts clean...Warn hubs work smoothly...twin lever transfer case works well. This is a great little flatfender looking for an enthusiast owner. Lots of pics available - just PM me. The Jeep is in Adams, MA - western edge near the New York and Vermont borders.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More pics...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
More pics per request.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks! I'm not really all that excited about selling it...my wife keeps telling me that I shouldn't...how's that for a shocker? I just don't have enough garage space right now and it would kill me to park this thing outside for any extended period of time...I'd rather see it go to another enthusiast before I'd leave it outside all year...even with a cover. I've got an M416 project that I would like to undertake before I start spending time on the Willys and there's not enough room for both in the garage with the JK and other toys. I want the M416 to tow behind my JK for some camping trips with the kids. Oh well, if I find the right owner, we'll work out a deal...otherwise, I'll be looking for local storage for a couple years. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks folks! I'm not really all that excited about selling it...my wife keeps telling me that I shouldn't...how's that for a shocker? I just don't have enough garage space right now and it would kill me to park this thing outside for any extended period of time...I'd rather see it go to another enthusiast before I'd leave it outside all year...even with a cover. I've got an M416 project that I would like to undertake before I start spending time on the Willys and there's not enough room for both in the garage with the JK and other toys. I want the M416 to tow behind my JK for some camping trips with the kids. Oh well, if I find the right owner, we'll work out a deal...otherwise, I'll be looking for local storage for a couple years. Thanks for looking.
Go for the storage! You'll always regret letting one that nice go.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
After much deliberation...and a surprising amount of support from my wife...I've decided that I really don't want to sell my little flatfender. So I emptied out my over-packed garage today, consolidated as much stuff as possible, moved some junk to the attic and the shed, and managed to squeeze out a 5x10 piece of floor space to park the CJ-3A. It took a 35-point turn to get it wedged in there...and it'll take considerable effort to get it out someday...but it's safe, warm, and dry while I figure out exactly what I want to do with it and the potential garage addition that I need so badly. I took a couple pictures because it's almost humorous how tightly packed the garage is now. I think I'll have to push the cars in and out because I can't open the doors to get in or out. Now I can get back to planning a build.

Of course, now I'll probably get a motivated buyer with a pocket full of cash and I'll be faced with a whole new dilemma.

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
If insurance is a worry, you might want to look into classic/collectible insurance. I use Grundy Worldwide. It's about half price of regular full coverage if the vehicle value is $50K or less. I use it for my Corvette. You will have to submit pictures and proof that you and your wife have other "everyday" vehicles. There are, however, no mileage limits once they accept you. A friend of mine was t-boned and they paid off in three days. He's a happy camper. You can Google around and check out other companies as well.

That is one fine little Willys, thank you for sharing the pics and I hope you don't have to part with it! :beer:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IMPULSE SALE - $6K if you take it away before I have time to come to my senses. The overly crowded garage is making me nuts and I need some space to work in there. If I can't hibernate in the garage this winter, I'll have to hang out in the house with the wife and kids and I will surely lose my mind. Something has to go and the CJ gets the least amount of use.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I so want this. Absolutly no need for a college kid to have it, maybe I can talk my dad into buying a Willy... hum... :bounce:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, anywhere close to me and I'd probably have an impulse of my own!

Good luck...I'd find a place to store that for the winter...free up the garage and be able to keep it.

B

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hang on to it for a year. Once my JK is paid off next Oct. I will pay cash! :thefinger:

That thing is beautiful. I wouldnt change a anything on it!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
How close to breaking even? You know that you never break even :beer:

The first thing I would do it paint that CJ OD Green and put some Military decals on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts