JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a black, 2-door, 08' wrangler x for my 18th last week, and i'm already feeling the itch to dump all my money into it (which isn't very much). Its the 4 speed automatic with upgraded rear axle, and i got the windows tinted and blue-ish headlights from my friends. I'm looking to get a modest lift, around 4 inches tops, since i'll be spending 90% of my time behind the wheel on-road still. I'm 100% new to the off roading deal, and this is my first car thats all mine. Any direction on what's a good idea and what isn't would be really helpful, because i don't want to end up wasting my time and money on pointless or poor quality parts. thanks for the help!

proud new jk owner,
Adam D

· Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to th eJeep world. Jeeps are like Harleys' EVERYTHING is expensive.and you want everything. Just take your time, It all works out. Visit the websites and talk to the people. They will give good or great advice as to what to get, what to stay away from, and personal preferances. Join some local off road clubs, and you can get personnal advice club discounts and cheap deals from members. Its a wonderful Jeep world:beer::beer:

· Registered
53 Posts
oh yeah,, Send pics, keep a pic log of your progress, You'd be surprized how it looks and how its going to look. Congrats and happy Bday

· Registered
684 Posts
i just got a black, 2-door, 08' wrangler x for my 18th last week, and i'm already feeling the itch to dump all my money into it (which isn't very much). Its the 4 speed automatic with upgraded rear axle, and i got the windows tinted and blue-ish headlights from my friends. I'm looking to get a modest lift, around 4 inches tops, since i'll be spending 90% of my time behind the wheel on-road still. I'm 100% new to the off roading deal, and this is my first car thats all mine. Any direction on what's a good idea and what isn't would be really helpful, because i don't want to end up wasting my time and money on pointless or poor quality parts. thanks for the help!

proud new jk owner,
Adam D
Research, Research, Research..... Look at pics and read the reviews... Well non-biased ones (NOT JKForum :shaking:) and take your time. Really start with a lift then add tires, and decided how much you are going to go off road and add what you need till you like it!

Congrats! and Welcome!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.