JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13,219 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
We have the 180 deg thermostat installed in our 2010 Rubicon. To get the true benefits you should run a programmer to lower the temp ON of the Fan. So it turns on earlier. We run the Superchip at 185*F for low,med and High speed. The benefits are cooler engine temp and lower temp under hood when crawling or driving at low speed on the trail.

Otherwise, if you do not use a programmer you are only starting the Cooling cycle earlier (coolant circulation) but not really cooling the engine more.

Keep in mind that we are in South Florida no snow here.

· Registered
34 Posts
We have the 180 deg thermostat installed in our 2010 Rubicon. To get the true benefits you should run a programmer to lower the temp ON of the Fan. So it turns on earlier. We run the Superchip at 185*F for low,med and High speed. The benefits are cooler engine temp and lower temp under hood when crawling or driving at low speed on the trail.

Otherwise, if you do not use a programmer you are only starting the Cooling cycle earlier (coolant circulation) but not really cooling the engine more.

Keep in mind that we are in South Florida no snow here.
Where did you get your 180 thermostat at and do you happen to remember to the part number? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry just saw the link for the Ripp thermostat.

· Registered
53 Posts
I got it at Advance Auto Parts. It had to be order. I do not have the Part #.
It is made in Israel. The only problem was the rubber gasket, it had a small lip at one end that did not let it seal properly. Ended using the Original Rubber gasket from the OE.

· Registered
54 Posts
Swapping to a cooler thermostat will richen your fuel mixture because the computer keeps trying to get the engine up to operating temperature. It will keep the engine running on short term fuel trims in open loop mode.

sent using super pulsar technology

· Registered
16 Posts
I run mine with a setting of 195 using the Hypertech tuner. The thermostat is set for 195 as already stated, so my fan comes on most of the time when I'm idle at a light or going up a hill, but goes off crusing down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.