JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This build is mild compared to some of the awesome Jeeps I see on here, but here's our '18 JK that I'm building to be my wife's DD and our overlander.

This is our 4th JK, a 2018 JK Sport S in GOBI ordered on August 9th, 2017 and delivered on October 20th, 2017 with the Power Convenience Group, Connectivity Group, Auto Trans, Hard Top and LEDs.

First two mods I did at home, they were Teraflex rock rails and a Teraflex front bumper.

After that we rolled it into my buddy's shop and stripped the front and rear axles. They were replaced with a Front Tera44 with a big rotor kit and a Rear Teraflex CRD60, also with a big rotor kit. The lift is a Teraflex Alpine CT3 with Falcon 3.3 shocks.

Once the axles were in we dropped it to the ground and added a Teraflex rear tire carrier then ripped off the factory fenders.

Up next we rolled it off the lift and centered the axles and did final torque. Then started work on some Poison Spyder fenders

So tonight I'll head back to the shop to install the rear fenders. We're waiting on drive shafts then we'll get the Jeep aligned, break in the new axles then take it out and test everything.

Thanks for taking a look!! I'll post back as we continue the build.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Nice build so far, or almost looks to be done. Wheels are awesome, I definitely like the pop of color AND the full face steelies.

Overlander in 2 door though?

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice build so far, or almost looks to be done. Wheels are awesome, I definitely like the pop of color AND the full face steelies.

Overlander in 2 door though?
Thanks, Treader!
When we're done I'll start a trailer build to carry our stuff and a RTT. Most trips we'll be able to drop the trailer at base camp, a few we'll drag it along behind us. Our kids are grown now, but we have a JKUR we can take if we need to.

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,268 Posts

Mercy, this is swanky nice!

These are the very housings /axle assemblies I believe I've targeted as the main upgrades for my build's "phase II". They are very nice and sturdy.

(edit: you'll be surprised by how strong the TeraFlex sliders are) .

As mentioned, the venerable classics, US Wheel steelies powdercoated orange are the bomb...particularly on that color JK. Well done, man. A head-turner.

:jeep2:

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mercy, this is swanky nice!

These are the very housings /axle assemblies I believe I've targeted as the main upgrades for my build's "phase II". They are very nice and sturdy.

(edit: you'll be surprised by how strong the TeraFlex sliders are) .

As mentioned, the venerable classics, US Wheel steelies powdercoated orange are the bomb...particularly on that color JK. Well done, man. A head-turner.

:jeep2:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully the bulk of our build will wrap up this week. Waiting on some drive shafts.

Teraflex JK 2-Door 3" Alpine CT3 Suspension System w/ 3.3 Falcon Shocks
Teraflex JK Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Adjustable Stabilizer (1-5/8" Tie Rod)
Teraflex JK Front Explorer Bumper Kit
Teraflex 2 door rock slider kit
Teraflex JK Alpha HD Hinged Carrier
Teraflex Big Rotor Front & Rear
Teraflex Front 0"-3" Tera44 Axle 4.88 w/ R&P & ARB
Teraflex JK Rear CRD60 Axle Semi Float 4.88 ARB
STEER SMARTS YETI XD JK DRAGLINK
STEER SMARTS YETI XD JK TIE ROD
STEER SMARTS YETI XD JK ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR
US Wheel Rat Rod - Raw (Series 69) 17x9 5x5 5”BS (powder coated ORANGE)
Alien Sunshade Mesh Top Cover, Front & Rear
Alien Sunshade Mesh RubiSack TailGate Storage Bag
Apollointech 6 switch pod
Cooper STT Pro 37x12.5x17
Poison Spyder Front/Rear Crusher Flares

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did I see your Jeep in a Teraflex advert in the 2018 Easter Jeep mag?

If so congrats, looks great!
Their Falcon shocks Jeep is where we got our inspiration

And when I say "we", I mean my wife fell in love with that Jeep and wanted a build similar to it :grin2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts