JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some education again. What are the advantages and disadvantages to these wheel sizes. While shopping I have noticed that the 16s are less expensive and so are their tires. Why would I want to spend the extra for 17s? Thanks

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Once you get into the real big tires a 17 is easier to find.
If youre staying in the 37 and under range 16's will be fine

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ran 16 for awhile the problem is when you upgrade. It's nearly impossible to get 37s on a 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I ran 16 for awhile the problem is when you upgrade. It's nearly impossible to get 37s on a 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not anymore. Its hard but not as hard as it once was. BFG KM2 makes tires for a 16 that are 37s and 38.5s

Super swamper is always an option for the 16" wheel with 37s or larger.

Pit Bull iss supposedly releasing the Rocker in a 37x12.5x16 radial towards the end of this month.

Its even harder to find 37s for a 15" wheel but I've been looking at that option as well. 15" beadlocks running 37s would be ideal for me.

17s are a waste of money for the wheel and i appreciate the extra inch of tire, it makes for a little bit softer on road ride. Plus 37s that are in a smaller rim size like 16 or 15 are often D load range, or even C.
And if you only plan to go as large as 35s, all this discussion is irrelevant because there are plenty of tires out there that fit 16s int hat size.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the insight fellas. My plan is to start with 35s and eventually go bigger as money allows for flat fenders (PS is bad azz) and other goodies. I appreciate all the opinions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts