JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible without cutting through the bottom of the tub and having the rear hoops in the tub behind the backseat. I have a jku on D60's front and rear

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
That is such an open ended question.

What do you mean not cutting through the tub but having the rear hoops in the tub behind the backseat? Do you mean just running them as close to the factory tub as possible without cutting through it?

If you arent cutting into the tub, it means you arent frenching the bracket into the frame which means you need a lot of width to make things work. I would guess a 70" wms to wms with 3.5" BS wheels are the very least, probably more.

On top of that how much lift do you want to run because its going to have to be a lot.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The short answer is no, based on the specific question you asked. But you can french it into the frame at the wheel well, and then use sheetmetal to box it back in, so you don't have an open hole in the tub.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are you going to run a stretched long arm? How about a track bar? I'm sure it possible, but way less than ideal. Seems like cutting through the tub is almost insignificant when going to the effort to run 16" coil overs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts