JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO the question is what would you pay for a 150K+ mile jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon with almost 155k miles, auto, hardtop and thats about it? I plan on putting a new engine/trans in it (Hemi or diesel) so not big of an issue. What else should i look out for? What other expenses can I forsee in the near future besides mods?!?

It appears to be completely stock and never been offroad. Needs new tires as well, which isnt an issue since I would replace them when I lift it anyways. Let me know what you all think!

·
Registered
326 Posts
You're basically replacing everything you will really worry about on a high mileage vehicle.. so toss out a very very low ball offer and see if it flies..if not work up from there..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a 2007, sorry.

That is what I was thinking but I was just curious what else I need to fix/repair or will need to soon. I don't want to tell them X when in reality it is going to cost me more than that to repair it. Anyone else with really high miles currently have any input?

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Seems like of you're doing a hemi swap, the only things left worth worrying about are axel related or maybe A/C related. You keeping the same transfer case?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Seems like of you're doing a hemi swap, the only things left worth worrying about are axel related or maybe A/C related. You keeping the same transfer case?
I agree with jaybee only thing else to look into would be axle/drivetrain related like drive shafts ball joints rod ends ect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I am doing either a hemi or a diesel.

I didn't plan on changing out the transfer case unless I needed too.

Ball joints would be a must with the added weight of a diesel if I went that route.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ball joints will def be bad, and it wil prob have clunky steering, the rest will be replaced anyway.
How would you help the clunky steering? I am trying to get the costs of all the repairs/fixes?

I assume steering shaft and maybe hydraulic steering assist as well since I am already putting on an RK Pro Mid arm kit? Sorry new to jeeps, I come from the sports/classic car world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts