JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Wrangler Sport 2Dr
Hey Guys!

I've never owned a Jeep before and I'm on the verge of finally joining the ranks of being a jeep owner! In the process of selling my car and buying a new '13 Wrangler Sport but before I do I'm looking for some help from you all. I'm weighing my options in different wranglers right now and just curious what your input is...options to look for or avoid? 2dr vs 4dr? Hard top vs soft? handling in the winter (northern michigan)?...etc.

Any input you have would be greatly appreciated!

Jeep rookie from northern michigan

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Welcome to JKO. Soft top all the way. JK's have a great heater so you'll be fine in the winter.

· Registered
91 Posts
Welcome! As a fellow Michigander I would recommend the Dual top option. Get both and switch them up with the seasons. If you have to choose, I would go with a soft top. It'll be a little chilly in the winter but way better the rest of the year. As far as 2 door vs 4 door, if you're kidless, go with the two door. Oh, and it does great in the snow. And don't forget to stop by the MI BS thread in the Great Lakes section and say Hi.

· Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to JKO.

2 or 4 door really depends on a few things. I like the way each of them ride/drive, but I chose the 4Door because I like to have the room for both passengers and gear. Whether Im with the family, bringing along friends or just by myself, there has never been a time I regret the 4Door.

When I bought my Jeep in 2009 times were different. The used Jeep market was difficult and Chrysler's bancruptcy was just starting to be rumored. Thats what made me choose a new Rubicon. If I were to buy one today, I would buy a couple year old used Sport with little or no aftermarket parts and go from there.

I like the soft top configuration better, though I am in Arizona. There are times I do miss the hard top. It is less prone to temp changes and keeps the noise down.

· Registered
111 Posts
Welcome to JKO, on 2dr vs 4dr, test drive both and decide.

Now on the hard top vs soft top, I'll first make an assumption that your not a liberal transplant from SoCal that puts on 6 layers sweaters when the temps drop below 50. Personally as someone from Southwestern Ontario, I find that the soft top is good enough after driving for 8-10 minutes the heater does a good job of warming up the interior to comfortable levels. Just keep an eye out for snow buildup when the snow squalls blow off the lakes.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.