JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed wiring my 12V-Guy switch plate and wanted to give him the credit that he is totally due.

I had him build a large panel for my JK to fit behind the shift / 4wd control. What I received was a high quality piece of fine American craftsmanship, with plenty attention to detail. He was honest about the lead time-- about 7-8 weeks. The price was VERY reasonable considering all the extras that comes with the switch panel, that Darren does not mention.

Also, I attached a photo of my 2 battery mod that I did last weekend. I got the stage III kit from Benchmark. It took a while and some chasing but I did get the complete kit and I added a 500 amp fuse for the winch. Overkill, probably, but I like the security.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Yes, he does kick ass!

Nice.

Have you tried working the winch from that location. Looks like a bit of a reach while still looking over the hood or driving... just curious.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can reach the controls with no problem. I have long arms despite being a short guy! It will take a while to learn the panel by feel.

I also put two small LEDs under the lip of the AC controls to shed some light on the switch panel. I tapped into the wire that feeds the lights for the power window switches. The dimmer controlled dash light wire to the power windows is an orange wire with a blue stripe (for those of you looking for it).

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I can reach the controls with no problem. I have long arms despite being a short guy! It will take a while to learn the panel by feel.

I also put two small LEDs under the lip of the AC controls to shed some light on the switch panel. I tapped into the wire that feeds the lights for the power window switches. The dimmer controlled dash light wire to the power windows is an orange wire with a blue stripe (for those of you looking for it).
Thanks, very cool.

What kind of winch?

·
JKO Dickhead
3,520 Posts
That is the shit right there !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts