JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rock Krawler comments?

Good read, nice find. Thanks.
Would like to hear some comments from other manufacturers, such as Rock Krawler.
Bring popcorn.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
While that is an interesting read, it's kind of concerning when they say that they have designed their system to "inspire confidence at highway speeds." It sounds like a great way to inspire reckless driving in a vehicle that can't handle it...

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wouldn't say they are encouraging reckless driving, but rather in case of an emergency maneuver like swerving to avoid a deer in the road, you wouldn't need to worry about rolling the vehicle as much as with some other suspensions.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yup, good read indeed. I learned a few things - first, that I already knew most of this (I researched WAY too much before I bought my lift), and second, that pretty much everything in the article reinforced that my Poly Stage 3 kit was about as good a decision as I could have made.

It's also about the umpteen billionth time that someone in the know has said that long arm kits for the JK are a waste of money unless you're going higher than about 4.5 inches. That's the whole creative interia thing they talk about in the article, straight from TJ land. And even though the manufacturers all know this, they can't change people's minds and they aren't going to turn away from extra money, so they make 'em and sell 'em. :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts