1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok getting a 2012 JKU
Automatic - Better Wheelin
White with Black- love it and yes i know its gonna get dirty
gonna Mod it a bit for MID-LEVEL wheelin( all But creeper krawler stuff)
new front and back Bumper, if the fenders are a flimsy as i keep reading will probably get some Bushwackers, Unless i can secure them better b/c i Really Like the Stock Fenders

i'm wondering, since i'm going to do some light mods and get a 3" lift on it with some 30+ wheels, IF i should get a sport or if the Rubi is worth the money.....

what say the masses????

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
If you're talking about "2011 mid-level wheeling"......than I would get a Rubicon if you can afford it......unless you are planning an axle/ t-case swap sometime in the future.

I'd rather have a Rubi and not use the capability much.....than to have a sport and regret the the decision while stuck out on a trail somewhere. You know....."When in doubt....."

JMO :beer:

·
Registered
237 Posts
We have ordered a '12 Rubicon Unlimited for the shop and were looking forward to some extra HP for sure.

·
Registered
813 Posts
some 30 inch wheels huh? interesting.

people get bushwackers/xenons/tube fenders for more tire clearance.

i agree with the rubicon thing. we had that exact same debate, and ended up biting the bullet on it, but the end result is it'll hold its value alot longer. Hell, TJ rubicons are still 15k. i wouldnt have done it any other way. The only way i'll get rid of this one is if in 2013 they actually come out with a medium sized v8, like a 4.7-5.3 sized motor which would be perfect for the unlimited in particular. a decent amount of power, but still somewhat fuel efficient.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
i am worried about the new overdrive in the 5 speed auto's. from what i've read they have an even TALLER overdrive... :(

·
Registered
799 Posts
:grinpimp: I'd definately recommend the Rubi and with the 5sp auto/tall O/D, if it doesn't have enough torque at hiwy speeds, get the 4.10 gears (bigger tires) you can do a quick regear and it'll be the cats meow !!

At least mine is and now I won't be getting a new JKUR, cause I don't need any more power, course the 5spd tranny would be OK, unless they're srtill running the cooler thru the A/C condenser !!

:smokin: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If you're talking about "2011 mid-level wheeling"......than I would get a Rubicon if you can afford it......unless you are planning an axle/ t-case swap sometime in the future.

I'd rather have a Rubi and not use the capability much.....than to have a sport and regret the the decision while stuck out on a trail somewhere. You know....."When in doubt....."

JMO :beer:
X2 get the Rubi if you have the money. Long term it will hold value better and you will probably find that you like the options for even moderate wheeling. I am getting ready to order my 4th Rubicon :beer::beer:

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Get the rubi...the 4:1 transfer case is really worth it. Most people think of the E-Lockers when they think rubi, and they are nice but the the the low TC is sweet, sweet, sweet.

and I'd go with 35's...you'll be happy!

oh and white on black...killer

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
someone just posted that the 5 speed trans OD was actually shorter than the current 4 speed overdrive.

so disregard my earlier post. I had read that it had a .50 OD

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
ok getting a 2012 JKU
, if the fenders are a flimsy as i keep reading will probably get some Bushwackers, Unless i can secure them better b/c i Really Like the Stock Fenders
Theres nothing tough about the Bushwacker flares, you're better off burning money in a bucket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts