JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for the next few weeks of Jeep runs that we have planned-

weekend of 5-30 PISMO beach (see thread)

June 8th- a local Lucerne Valley/Big Bear run. Exact trail not set yet- but mark your calendars.

weekend of June 14th- Camp at Hundy's- Rattlesnake cyn, Pioneer town, Giant rock, and if we have time we'll check out Means dry lake area (Sledgehammer trail and lots of others, sand dunes, and some great wheelin')

OK kids, thats it for now.:thefinger:

And as always- everyone and every kind of vehicle is welcome. No-one ever left behind. Never any pressure to tackle an obstacle that you are not comfortable with.

And another :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hammers eh, I'm not sure my cajones are big enough yet. :mr-t:

We wont "do" the hammers this trip. But we can take a look at the beginning of the trails. They are fun just to "look" at! Plus, that whole area out there is awesome wheelin'.

I took my JK up Sledge last time, but ALL my buddies turned around!!!:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: Its pretty rough.

I would like to schedule a trip after summer to camp there and get a few "capable" JKs to run it with me. Its doable.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
We wont "do" the hammers this trip. But we can take a look at the beginning of the trails. They are fun just to "look" at! Plus, that whole area out there is awesome wheelin'.

I took my JK up Sledge last time, but ALL my buddies turned around!!!:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: Its pretty rough.

I would like to schedule a trip after summer to camp there and get a few "capable" JKs to run it with me. Its doable.
I am sure my jeep is capable, just not sure about it's driver. :beer:

·
Registered
294 Posts
ok if Jason is skeptical about doing it I KNOW I don't want to...LOL
As I did when he attempted Pucker hill, I'll just stand back and watch!
:shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just a heads up for the next few weeks of Jeep runs that we have planned-

weekend of 5-30 PISMO beach (see thread)

June 8th- a local Lucerne Valley/Big Bear run. Exact trail not set yet- but mark your calendars.

weekend of June 14th- Camp at Hundy's- Rattlesnake cyn, Pioneer town, Giant rock, and if we have time we'll check out Means dry lake area (Sledgehammer trail and lots of others, sand dunes, and some great wheelin')

OK kids, thats it for now.:thefinger:

And as always- everyone and every kind of vehicle is welcome. No-one ever left behind. Never any pressure to tackle an obstacle that you are not comfortable with.

And another :thefinger:
cool iam in ,migth have to work the 14th, but the 8th and the 15th would be cool

·
Registered
278 Posts
im up for the lucerne trip.
will my stock X make it? 2"BB 33"s and no discos yet
or is this a Rubi trip?

i can always just watch, been riding the area since i was about 5 years old:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
tried sledge in mine about a month ago. Made the first two obsactles then decided better against it. Lets just say I need sliders now to cover up the hammered section. lol I just needed another 1.5 of lift and maybe a locker.

I would do the bigbear run but already planned on going to pomona to watch CORR race. only 30 bucks as apposed to 70 in gas. we'll see though. nothing is for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im up for the lucerne trip.
will my stock X make it? 2"BB 33"s and no discos yet
or is this a Rubi trip?

i can always just watch, been riding the area since i was about 5 years old:D
I am kinda hangin loose on which trails we will run on the 8th- its going to depend who shows up- but we'll do a run that everybody can do. So dont worry! The main thing is that we are out WHEELIN' !!!:bounce:
It'll be fun!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tried sledge in mine about a month ago. Made the first two obsactles then decided better against it. Lets just say I need sliders now to cover up the hammered section. lol I just needed another 1.5 of lift and maybe a locker.

I would do the bigbear run but already planned on going to pomona to watch CORR race. only 30 bucks as apposed to 70 in gas. we'll see though. nothing is for sure.
First of all- you came up here and didnt call me- BAD Yman!!!:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Second- Sledgehammer on 33s, no lockers, and no rock rails???:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:
NO.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We are going to meet at my house in Lucerne Valley at 10am. pm or em me for address. Or call my cell 760 964 5123 We'll be done by 4 or 5pm.

I am still waiting to see who all wants to go before we decide on a trail. But here is what I am thinking-

Possibles-
Jacoby cyn 3n61/ Gold Mtn 3n69

White Mtn 3n17 (and 4n16)

maybe John Bull 3n10

Cactus flats area

Stoddard wells area (slash X)

Trails in the desert (LV or JV)

·
Registered
314 Posts
First of all- you came up here and didnt call me- BAD Yman!!!:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Second- Sledgehammer on 33s, no lockers, and no rock rails???:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:
NO.
Yeah I know I was in over my head but it is doable. We just got a late start (3:00) and didn't want to be out their at night. If you ever want to run Salton Sea area (TDS) I'm down. I'll even guide. Couple of ok waterfalls but plenty of canyons to play in and their is always ways around for the stock guys. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I know I was in over my head but it is doable. We just got a late start (3:00) and didn't want to be out their at night. If you ever want to run Salton Sea area (TDS) I'm down. I'll even guide. Couple of ok waterfalls but plenty of canyons to play in and their is always ways around for the stock guys. Let me know.
Def will give you a call next time we come down that way- Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I MIGHT be able to make it if I can manage to make a big dent in my honey do's tomorrow. I am in for next weekend for sure tho.:beer:

1 - 20 of 202 Posts