JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa was born! Getting ready to go talk to him on Skype, I will let him know JKO says Happy Birthday!

------------------------------------------------------------------
TAMPA - Mason Beau Bandy doesn’t know it yet, but his birthday will be very hard to forget. Mason was born at 7:43 a.m. on 11/11/11.

Lying in a hospital bed at St. Joseph’s Hospital-North in Lutz on Friday, Stacey Bandy said she was hoping her third child would be born on the unique date.

“(I told my mother) it would be so cool if he was born on 11/11/11 and she was like ‘Yeah!’” Bandy said. “Sure enough, here he is.”

Mason will join a very small group of people who share that unique birthday. Phil Symmonds is one of them.

Symmonds turned 100 years old on Friday. He was born Nov. 11, 1911, another 11/11/11 birthday.

“I’ve had a wonderful life,” Symmonds said. “(Life) is what you make it.”

Symmonds celebrated his milestone, unique birthday at his assisted living facility on Friday. Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Tony Dungy dropped by to celebrate with him.

When asked the secret to his longevity -- perhaps something that could be passed on to Mason, who now shares his unique birthday -- Symmonds said he goes to sleep each night with a clear conscience and drinks a martini each day.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_tampa/born-on-11_11_11,-100-years-apart-

Grandparent Art

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Very cool! That man has seen a lot of things happen! Happy Birthday!

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
That is really cool. He looks great! Congrats to your Grandpa! :beer:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I will certainly be toasting him! :beer:

Very fortunate for you both to be able to share this occasion together via Skype. I can't imagine...

EDIT. Yesterday? How did this go, Frank?

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
Happy Birthday. :martini:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
He definitely doesn't look 100!!! Happy birthday!!!!!

Sent via horse and buggy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.