JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#10 PowerTank Installed!!!

Decided it was time to mount up my 10# PowerTank. Since I had the tank, bracket and hose fittings already I called up PowerTank and ordered there roll bar clamps and a hose for the back bumper.

Here are the goodies

10# tank installed with 2 roll bar clamps and bracket. Very secure.

5 1/2' of Superflexy hose is run thru the gromet at the top of the wheel well down to the bumper.

Drill another hole into the bumper and connect the hose fittings.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice install!

It's hard to tell from the pic so disregard this if I'm wrong, but you might consider rotating the tank a little inboard to keep it from snagging something on the trail or from rupturing in a flop or rollover.

I like the bumper. Who makes it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2K1TJ wrote
I like the bumper. Who makes it?
Jeeperman Rear bumper. Thanks I like it too. Oh and the tank is turned a tad bit inward.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Decided it was time to mount up my 10# PowerTank. Since I had the tank, bracket and hose fittings already I called up PowerTank and ordered there roll bar clamps and a hose for the back bumper.

Here are the goodies

Drill another hole into the bumper and connect the hose fittings.
Justin,

Can you tell me what setup you order from PowerTank in the first picture? What hose type, length, and fittings? And what fitting did you get for the bumper?

Thanks,
Dayton

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth.

Beware of mounting your tank inside the jeep with a hard top.

When I purchased mine (in the summer), I had it in the back of my jeep over the weekend.

When I got in to the car Sunday night to go to the store, I could not breathe, thought I was having a heart attack. I stopped the vehicle and got out, at which point I could breath again, thought! D**n, I wonder if the tank is leaking.

I Found that the rupture disk had blown, when I took it back to where I had purcased it from, they said "Oh Yea! that happens all the time". Well H*LL it would have been nice to know that when they sold it to me.:pissed:

So now mine is mounted outside on the tire carrier. (also a Jeeperman, love it).:beer: Cheers !!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth.

When I purchased mine (in the summer), I had it in the back of my jeep over the weekend.

When I got in to the car Sunday night to go to the store, I could not breathe, thought I was having a heart attack. I stopped the vehicle and got out, at which point I could breath again, thought! D**n, I wonder if the tank is leaking.

I Found that the rupture disk had blown, when I took it back to where I had purcased it from, they said "Oh Yea! that happens all the time". Well H*LL it would have been nice to know that when they sold it to me.:pissed:

So now mine is mounted outside on the tire carrier. (also a Jeeperman, love it).:beer: Cheers !!!
That's ok. I drive around with an oxygen mask anyway... ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dayton1999 wrote "What hose type, length, and fittings? And what fitting did you get for the bumper?"

Hello Dayton,
Well I know I order 5 1/2' of 3/8" Superflex Black hose(HSE-38BK (black)). Just tell them that you want a male fitting installed on the hose at the PowerTank side. PowerTank will put this fitting on for you at there shop. It is a quick release fitting. The Super Coupler, Male connection(part #FIT-8022) is the fitting that I used on the bumper. You will need to get a lock washer and a nut to secure it to the bumper. That should do it! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
dayton1999 wrote "What hose type, length, and fittings? And what fitting did you get for the bumper?"

Hello Dayton,
Well I know I order 5 1/2' of 3/8" Superflex Black hose(HSE-38BK (black)). Just tell them that you want a male fitting installed on the hose at the PowerTank side. PowerTank will put this fitting on for you at there shop. It is a quick release fitting. The Super Coupler, Male connection(part #FIT-8022) is the fitting that I used on the bumper. You will need to get a lock washer and a nut to secure it to the bumper. That should do it! Good luck.
Thanks Justin!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure the folks you have fill your tank know what the heck they are doing. Weigh it!!

I've been carrying Co2 tanks in trucks for over 20 years, year round, in the Arizona heat and never had one let go.

That being said, a friend of mine had one filled in Phoenix and the person overfilled it. It let go when he was in the Jeep. He was O.K. after replacing his shorts and seat cover.:laughing2:

BTW, new to the site but not to Jeeping. Love the site!!

Jim

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice :D, by chance do you have any photo's with the ORH soft top installed.

A

·
0 Posts
Nice :D, by chance do you have any photo's with the ORH soft top installed.
The soft top is scheduled for delivery on Monday and I’m going to Moab on Wednesday. I’ll try to take some pics before I leave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts