JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and apparently I'm not smart enough to type in the correct key words or be able to formulate my words so that my sentence will lead me to find the answers that I am looking for... that and I dont have the time or the patience to sift through a shit ton of posts...

This ESP/BAS $h!t needs to go... exactly how does this system work? I'm talking mostly about the electrical signal(s)... how and when it receives indication that all isn't level or whatever... and then from there how it goes to the actual braking/wheel dancing action... I went around a turn today and about got myself fawking killed between two semi's. :pissed:
If there's wires to cut.. I'll fawking cut'em! If I have to pull lightbulbs out so $h!t doesn't illuminate no problem... But, I want to know the source, where and what exactly signals the brakes to do their dance... Somebody said there's a pendulum type switch in someplace... if this is the case, I wanna know where this fawker is because it has to go! Here's the catch, I have an 08 JK 4-door (2wd)... Yeah yeah... the one tons are about to go under but until then I gotta get this crap squared away.

Rich

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just toggle that purple wire to disable the ESP/ABS.
Then, set up ONE tone ring on one of your 1-ton hubs with an ABS sensor so that your speedo and odo still work.:)
Simple.
Love this idea!!! Do you have any quick links on the "how to" and the "where to get it" etc... hell, this thread will be a one stop shop full of info... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.