JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While getting irritated while welding in my new exhaust I decide the rock magnet of an evaporative canister needed to be relocated. It fits perfectly above the axle with like 9-10 inches of clearance if you remove the bracket and run a flat plate from the 2 frame crossmembers.

I used an existing hole in the first cross member and ran the plate on top of the 2nd

The plate has tabs to prevent it from rotating and there is no way in hell that the 1/2 bolt will ever shear. Right now the zipties keep it from shifting, when I get around to it I will use a large hose style clamp. The lines WILL allow you to put it there and if you do need to replace the lines with FUEL SAFE hose from like a marine/boat place.

why skid plate when you can get it out of your way.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm printing your writeup and defnitely looking to do this,,,(yes, why Skid when you can move something) Now, go to work & move that D#m Gas Tank.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm printing your writeup and defnitely looking to do this,,,(yes, why Skid when you can move something) Now, go to work & move that D#m Gas Tank.
the gas tank is in a great spot for beng out of the way of stuff. Its skid is lacking a little.

oh and with this mod you will need 5/8" fuel safe hose, stainless clamps and fittings (2 90* ones) from a good autoparts place or a boat place. It makes the install MUCH easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts