JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing a 1" Body lift, was looking at the MORE 1" kit, it sells for $179 CDN, then I came across a Zone Offroad 2" Body lift, complete with bumper relocatin brackets for $139 CDN.

So what would be the pro's and con's of doing a 2" over a 1" body lift? Instalation should be the same for both, a bit longer for the bumper brackets on the 2".

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
not sure if this helps -

i have the one inch by more and like it (zero complaints)

if you have a stick shift i heard of issues with the gear shifter on body lifts.

the two inch shows a bigger gap by the rear bumper and thats the only issue i've seen/heard

·
Registered
911 Posts
Just to toss this out there... Rough Country has a 2.5 buget Boost for $139 US. I ordered it from their site, and with shipping to Yukon (which is always expensive) was around $180 CND.

I've never lifted a jeep before.. but I figure I might as well only do it once... no point in getting an inch, then deciding to get a few more... and 2.5 will clear up to 35's (I'm only going with 33's), but it should last a while...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I went with the Daystar 1" body lift / 1.75" spacer lift combo kit. After installing the body lift and the front spacers, everything was fairly level (1/2" difference between the front and rear) so I didn't bother installing the rear spacers. I've been driving around with it for a few days now and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Looks great and feels great. After I tow my camper a few times this summer, I'll see if I want to install the rear spacers.

I posted in the write up section about the body lift. I have some pics from the spacer lift that I have to get posted yet. I'll have to see if I have some before pics so I can do a side by side comparison post.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to toss this out there... Rough Country has a 2.5 buget Boost for $139 US. I ordered it from their site, and with shipping to Yukon (which is always expensive) was around $180 CND.

I've never lifted a jeep before.. but I figure I might as well only do it once... no point in getting an inch, then deciding to get a few more... and 2.5 will clear up to 35's (I'm only going with 33's), but it should last a while...
Try northridge4x4.ca they are in Alberta and ship ANYWHERE in Canada FREE on orders over $100

·
Registered
169 Posts
Why mess with a body lift. If you're only going for 1-2", then get a leveling kit. That should net you 2" up front and 1" in the rear to level it out and let you run your 33's.

I got the Teraflex leveling kit 2" front and 1" rear....It's around $129 with shipping included, just order over the phone and tell them you are a JKO member.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the Teraflex leveling kit 2" front and 1" rear....It's around $129 with shipping included, just order over the phone and tell them you are a JKO member.
Already have a Rough Country 1.75" lift, just wanted to get another inch without breaking the bank!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am really happy with the Rough Country 1.25" BL...
$99 for 2dr, $109 for 4dr

I like the puck design...holds the bolts in place. Seems more stable to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts