JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here on JK owners so if my question has been answered I apologize now. I have a 2008 Unlimited x and I got a set of spidertrax 1.25 spacers from a 99-04 grand cherokee, I know they have the same bolt pattern of 5x5 but I was wondering if I will have any problem using them? any feed back will be appreciated. I did try to search for an answer first before posting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that I have installed a superlift 4 inch lift and want to run 35-12.5 on my stock 17 inch wheels, I see most people run the 1.5 spacers, just wondering if the 1/4 inch will make a difference

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
If it does, you can adjust your steering stops so that it will no longer allow you to hit anything of value while you're at full wheel lock. This will reduce your turning radius and regardless of the spacing, you'll hit that stupid air dam just about no matter what you do. I recommend tearing it off either with a tree stump or large rock, preferably while wheelin.:beer:

Welcome to the website.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Can't tell you if the spacer that you mentioned in the OP will work but generally it should be ok if the bolt circle/pattern is the same and fits the hub without play on your JK.

As far as I recall the stock 17" wheels are 7.5" wide with a 6.25" Backspace. IMO you'd need to get max. 4.25" Backspace on the 7.5" wide stockers in order to run 35X12.5 Tires without greatly modifying your steering stops so that would mean a 2" spacer, 1.75" spacer would also work but may need a little steering stop tweak to avoid rubbing at full steering lock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.