JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Jeep, been wanting one since high school! Went with a 2012 JK with 3.73's. Ordered some 18X9 Rampage wheels with 285/65/18 Trail grapplers. The new tires are about 1/2" taller than stock and I'm wondering if it will have any adverse effects. Any one running a similar setup? Will the tranny hold up for the long haul? Maybe I'm a little too paranoid. Thanks for the help!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Just bought my first Jeep, been wanting one since high school! Went with a 2012 JK with 3.73's. Ordered some 18X9 Rampage wheels with 285/65/18 Trail grapplers. The new tires are about 1/2" taller than stock and I'm wondering if it will have any adverse effects. Any one running a similar setup? Will the tranny hold up for the long haul? Maybe I'm a little too paranoid. Thanks for the help!
Your Jeep will systematically melt down starting with the axles. They will bend under the weight of the bigger tires... Go back to stock immediately...

:lol:

You'll be fine... You would probably want to spend the 120+ dollars for an AEV ProCal to correct your speedo, plus, it will let you do other cool stuff (no performance tuning) that makes it worth buying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Jeep will systematically melt down starting with the axles. They will bend under the weight of the bigger tires... Go back to stock immediately...
That fcken funny right there:lol:!! I figured it would be ok. I've been burned in the past from over sized tires but that was on my Blazer with 44" boggers and a big block. I just don't know much about the durability of a Jeep tranny. I'm not too worried about the axles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts