JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 09 JK 4 door Rubicon. We cna't put gas in it. We can fill it .3 at a time basically what the filler neck will hold then kicks the pump off. Had a couple people tell me the vent valve on the tank is bad. Replaced the tank with a new one and still the same problem also checked all the lines on the tank and they were clear. Also replaced the canister purge solenoid and new gas cap.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol ya just a little but no I have a backup tank. One more thing added to the junk pile. At least it was only 200 bucks. Ouch. Ya we have tried several stations with no luck. Tried nozzle all the way in backed it out barely letting the fuel trickle in nothing.

· Registered
137 Posts
There was a recall for the older jks for this issue. It would be best to take it to the dealer and have them look into for you. I've replaced a couple tanks on 09s for this issue. Included my own.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me and the dealer don't get along very well. They kinda pissed me off. We shattered the front axle housing at 30k miles. They basically told me take a hike. This jeep has been out to get me since day one. First time out on the trail with it and sway bar bolt tore the steel brake line. Put a dynatrac 44 in and and blew the cv on the driveshaft a week later. :shitstorm: but hey still love the jeep.

· Registered
137 Posts
Sorry to hear that, But their's always more then one. You just gotta find a service adviosr that is easy to work with. But that issue you have is gas tank related as much as diagnosis may disprove.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a hard time believing that the new tank i just installed has the same issue as the one I pulled out. I have seen stranger things happen. I put 5 gallons in at my shop and drove into town to fill it and same thing was happening.

· Registered
261 Posts
On our 10 sometimes it works like normal and other times it splashes out. All we do for now on is run the pump to a curtain amount of gas then stop and give it a few seconds. While waiting if the gas station is not too busy you can hear a gurgling sound come out of the inlet. The. Start pumping slow from there on out. Most of they time it works and there's no spillage.

Sent from my imagination.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya were not that lucky. we can hardly get enough gas in it to fill the filler neck before it kicks the pump off. hasn't seen more then half a tank in a couple months. usually lose patients with it at about 10 gallons

· Registered
1,240 Posts
I have similar issues with my 07. I can usually get it to work well by putting the nozzle in and then lifting the back of the nozzle up as far up as it will go and then squeezing the handle. Kind of a pain to stand there holding the nozzle, but it usually gets it done. Gotta watch for splash because this moves the fuel sensing hole in the nozzle out of the way so it is not as effective.

· Registered
4 Posts
I had the exact same problem. There is a small white "box" that is attached to the evap canister. In my case I had cracked the hose nipple on that white "box" and that was causing the issue. I replaced the piece and the problem went away. It is removed by a simple 1/4 turn. Be careful not to lose the o-ring between the evap canister and the white piece.

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.