JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something else that must be done to the 09 and up 50124 series MYGIG using the MOPAR ipod interface cable to get the mygig to recognize the ipod?

I thought it was plug and play on the newer ones?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am in the same boat. I have an 09 JK but the sticker on my MYGIG says it was Manufactured in AUG 2008. Does that make sense. I cannot get the ipod to work either...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is there something else that must be done to the 09 and up 50124 series MYGIG using the MOPAR ipod interface cable to get the mygig to recognize the ipod?

I thought it was plug and play on the newer ones?
I thought the 09 radios all ended in 4739 something. I know mine is a 5064739AD, and it works just fine with the iPod cable. Also make sure you have the right cable, 82211853.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The '09 Jk My GIG part# should be 82211860,AA, AB, or AC as an accessoriy #. OE should be a 5064739-AD and the I-pod cable for eitger radio is a 82211853. I should be plug n play. Check the Part#'s on the Radio.

:beer::beer:

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The '09 Jk My GIG part# should be 82211860,AA, AB, or AC as an accessoriy #. OE should be a 5064739-AD and the I-pod cable for eitger radio is a 82211853. I should be plug n play. Check the Part#'s on the Radio.

:beer::beer:
The number on it is P05064739AC

And stamped on the metal casing is the dates 06-18-08 and 06-25-08

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's the right part number ofr the 09 RER and should work with the iPod cable. What part number is your iPod cable?

·
Registered
163 Posts
'08 JK

Will that same cable work with an '08 JK?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbee needs some help

I am looking to add the ipod integration cable and also considering lockpick, bluetooth and backup camera. Where do I locate the part # on my MyGig to see if I have the 5064739 or the 5064400 version to see if the cable is compatible with my unit?

Thanks for the help.

Heligirl

JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 35" tires, 2" lift

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am looking to add the ipod integration cable and also considering lockpick, bluetooth and backup camera. Where do I locate the part # on my MyGig to see if I have the 5064739 or the 5064400 version to see if the cable is compatible with my unit?

Thanks for the help.

Heligirl

JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 35" tires, 2" lift
Well you can pull the MyGig and it will be on top, but I believe you can go into the Menu and look, but right now I can't for the life of me remember the steps to do it. If someone doesn't answer this tonight for you, I'll write it up in the morning.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Completely forgot to get back to this thread. I was confused, you can pull up all the Sirius numbers for radio and traffic, as well as the version of the software you're running, but I couldn't find the actual part number of my MyGig.

You might just be able to see it if you pop the top of the center stack off, where the compass and the GPS antenna are, and look straight down (not easy if you're a guy) or perhaps put your digital camera above that and snap a picture. If that doesn't work, it's just a question of undoing a few 7mm torx bolts, sliding the unit forward and reading from the top. It can be done in less than 10 mins.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts