JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the jeep world as of March and having fun - Hoping to get some help with a lighting issue.

The lights on the center panel are not working (HVAC, buttons).
The lights on the Gear Shifter are not working.
The lights on the instrument panel do come on jut fine and are dimmable via the stick.

A few weeks back while driving the center panel and gear shifter flickered a bit and finally just won't come on anymore.

Checked all fuses and they are not blown.

Thoughts??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning -

No smells whatsoever - The items functioned at one time until the lights flickered and than finally went out.

Thanks - Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve,

Did you ever get a fix to this, my 08 has done the same thing done lights and hav packed in at the same time, fuses ok

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interior Lights not working - SOLVED

Finally got some time to really dig into this...

It turns out the fuse was not blown but was 'flimsy'. If I pushed on it just the right way lights work fine. Replaced the fuse with a new one and all is well.

I did test the 'flimsy' fuse in other slots that take 15AMP fuses and those items would not work with that fuse. So it is the fuse and not the TIPM that the dealer diagnosed as the issue and wanted to charge $1k to replace.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's crazy that the fuse did that. Those freaking dealerships are a useless a tits on a boar. I've asked them some tech questions and if it is not at there fingertips then they do not have clue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts