JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im working with a 08 jk with 30k miles on it. threw a code saying "misfire cylinder 1" in a crunch for time i put new wires on cylinder 1 and 2.. code went away for 2 days.. came back reading "misfire cylinder 2".. so i changed ALL plugs and wires and went for a test drive.. 4 miles in it threw a "misfire cylinder 4"... wtf.:bawling:

i threw in a new coil pack to see if that was it, and it wasn't. still has same code. any opinions? im at a loss.

was thinking maybe crank sensor? worked on a 5.0 mustang and it has the same symptoms.. i just don't know on this one

thanks

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If it's E3's... get them out quick.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Shit. What is the problem with E3's?
Just put a set in my 08.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Just put a set in my 08.
More fail than actually work. Took mine 350 miles to have a dead misfire.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yep E3s. I had a set in that lasted for 500 miles. Then started multiple misfires at the same time. Engine was running so rough I had to limp home. I was lucky I was only 15 miles from home at the time.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Yep E3s. I had a set in that lasted for 500 miles. Then started multiple misfires at the same time. Engine was running so rough I had to limp home. I was lucky I was only 15 miles from home at the time.
I was about 325 miles from home with my wife's car that had them in it. Swapped them out in the autozone parking lot!

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine threw an misfire to cylinder #1 and then to cylinder #2 as well, then it had intermittent problems starting. Turned out to be a dying Optima yellow Top. Replaced the battery after having they system checked at Advnace Auto. :beer:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was about 325 miles from home with my wife's car that had them in it. Swapped them out in the autozone parking lot!

Sent via paper airplane
That sucks. If I had not kept my stock plugs, I would have done the same as I passed two auto parts stores on the way home.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Just put a set in my 08.
I had E3's in mine for 200 kms... 2 cylinders fired bad... they are SHIT!

I complained to E3 on how bad they were... they sent me a new set, I still have them if anyone wants them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.