JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my airbag/clockspring recall done on my Jeep and after receiving it back I've had a problem. I can barely touch the blinker and it turns on the right blinker, when I click the right turn signal on and make a right turn when I turn the steering wheel back straight, it's supposed to stop the blinker, now it just keeps blinking until I physically turn it off. The left turn is correct, but the right turn is sensitive and sticks. The dealership would probably fix it since they caused it but I don't trust dealerships. I'd rather tear it open and fix it myself and keep my vehicle at the house. Any ideas? This is a first for me. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts

You sorta answered your own question . You had somebody do your TSB clockspring recall and after you got it back you have a problem that wasn’t there previously. I’d think whomever performed the work would be the correct source of repair since that is who has caused this. You trust a dealership to do the recall work but it doesn’t sound to me as tho they’ve DONE the recall work...they’ve done something , for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I'm hoping it's something petty I can do. Our dealership does more harm than good. Actually I'd say 99% of all mechanics in my area do. Ive had a ton of work done and I've been let down a lot.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sucks what they did. On my first clock spring recall, they forgot to hook up the horn. Since that's something you don't use very often I left the lot with it not working. Had to schedule a second appointment to get that fixed. So I am sure it's just some little POS plastic bit that wasn't connect or under/over tightened connector and it will be fixed.

I have a second clock spring recall on my island at my house. I will save this recall till I sell the Jeep or the thing decides to break again.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts