JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be posting in the wrong place but... Has anyone had this issue? 3.8 5.38 gears 37s AEV procal. Drives like a stock jeep but it really hates any sort of hill in OD. Any feedback would be cool

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an '09 on 34s with 5.38s, AEV ProCal that seems to downshift fine...

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
37s 3.8l , 42RLE auto , 5.13 gearing = I know what OP contends with. If aproching hill , Off I turn the OD.
I manually shift the ‘11 ( no tap shift like 12 & newer) from 1,2,D then on flat straights , “D”+OD . Some hills even require downshifting into “2” . Done this for 90,000 plus miles. Tuners can sortof accommodate gear and shift points but not well enough to use it as an auto completely , fwiw.

:jeep2:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I just hit the OD OFF button when approaching a hill that I think the computer will hold OD too long. Hit it again when near the top.
Been working great for 157,000 miles.

It's an automatic, but that doesn't mean you can't control it yourself when needed.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Superchips offers a tranny tuner add-on. It made a world of difference getting the tranny to downshift on hills. I had it tuned so any uphill load with slight throttle input would kick her down, but on level ground it took a bit more throttle to get it to downshift. It was still a bit of a compromise between these two situations but it was drastically better than stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts