JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Key fob and door switch will unlock doors, but nothing happens when I try to lock them. From the key fob the unlock still turns on the dome lights and the head lights. The keyless start still works, but still wont lock the doors. I checked the M38 fuse and it looks fine. Unhooked the battery and reconnected and the lock worked once then stopped again. Any ideas of what would be wrong?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 07 JKU started doing this and other crazy lock stuff. Didn't want to lock sometimes, or unlock other times. Some clicks of the remote would flash the turn signals but not unlock doors.
I disconnected the battery for 10 mins, and also put new batteries in the remote. Seems ok for now...

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Remote Batteries

Key fob and door switch will unlock doors, but nothing happens when I try to lock them. From the key fob the unlock still turns on the dome lights and the head lights. The keyless start still works, but still wont lock the doors. I checked the M38 fuse and it looks fine. Unhooked the battery and reconnected and the lock worked once then stopped again. Any ideas of what would be wrong?
I also have a 2008 JKU. Try replacing the batteries in the remotes. I was having the problem that if I was at the house my jeep would keep unlocking the doors after I locked it. Turned out to be low batteries on the spare set of keys in the house. :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I also have a 2008 JKU. Try replacing the batteries in the remotes. I was having the problem that if I was at the house my jeep would keep unlocking the doors after I locked it. Turned out to be low batteries on the spare set of keys in the house. :D
Hmm. Interesting. Here's my new issue. A bad spare remote could explain part of this:

Electric Door Lock Issue (sudden onset)

Today I was driving, sitting at a red light, and suddenly I noticed the dash lit up as if I just put the key in. I wondered why, but saw nothing unusual... then when I got out AT HOME (and within range of the spare key) and went to lock the doors via the power door lock switch on my door, I got nothing. So I used the key fob. Nada. So I pulled the fuse and found it blown. ok, no problem, right? I put a new fuse in and it was sparking away as I tried to make a connection, then the horn beeped once and the fuse blew. (horn beeping could be from spare key fob trying to hit lock?)

hmmm.

So I disconnect both front doors to eliminate their switches as a potential short I put another fuse in. As soon as it makes contact it sparks so I didn't try any more. Clearly something is shorting. And because the horn blew before, I'm wondering if the alarm is somehow involved.
EDIT: Using the key fob does arm and disarm the alarm (lights flash, and the red alarm indicator blinks when armed. Everything else seems to be working fine.)

I'll bring it to the dealer since I have an extended warranty, but any suggestions here? Anyone experience this ever?

I just returned from a 350 mile day where the jeep performed flawlessly yesterday.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just noticed I never circled back and explained the problem: bad computer module. Dealer replaced and all better now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts