JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to check in and say hello. This is not my first jeep however it is my first one built in the last decade. Got plenty of plans as most of you do and orders are already being placed. And any advice on what not to do and what to stay away from are always greatly welcomed. So once again Hello and glad to be here.
Jesse

· Premium Member
15,301 Posts
WOW! Somebody that wants to talk Jeeps! Now that's refreshing!

Best bet is to stay away from major modifications until you research what you really want the Jeep to be used for. Read through as much info as you can in jkowners- modified, electrical, new products, and dirty laundry sections. Sure you know that things can quickly become overwhelming (on the wallet too), if you don't set up some criteria first. Decide on the type of terrain you expect to wheel in, how often you plan to take it off-road, and how much it will be driven- on road/ by the wife/ kids/ daily driver/ long commutes/ etc. If you go with a larger tire, many will suggest staying away from programmers, CAI's, and aftermarket exhaust systems and instead go to a 4:88 or 5:13 gear set. Lift companies that have some great customer satisfaction regarding lifts include Poly Performance, Rubicon Express, and Teraflex. There are others with good reputations, but these three have great R&D, quality components, and customer service. There are too many products in the bumper, tire, lighting, and skidplate catagories too even begin listing or suggesting, but again, find out/ research what things you like, and what you plan to do with your jeep. Post up your ideas to see what kind of input you get. Opinions here will be qualified for the most part and trustworthy. Like I said...It is not difficult to start throwing money at a Jeep (as I am sure you know), and if you think it all through before laying down a lot of dough, you will wind up much more satisfied. Throw out some ideas. We would be happy to hear them.

Welcome to the forum.

· Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the site. You'll pick up a lot of good advice here, but the ultimate descision will be yours. Your ultimate plans or looks will detemine what you want or get. Stubex hit the nail on the head. Some things you get you may have to modify to fit with other items. Good luck.:beer:

· Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well to start off thank you for the welcome. I have owned many a JEEP in the past but the only modified were both a TJ and a YJ. Went through all the usuals suck as the lift,tires,gears, and all the pointless stuff you feel is important but once the money is spent and the hours and days gone doing the installaion you realize what was worth it and worst of what wasnt. AS FAR AS MY JK I will be building a rig thats more of a pvement pounder and theoccasional weekend warrior. The definates are your basic bolt on power mods with the chip,intake,throttle spacer,and exhaust. 35s will be the size and going between a 4 or 6 on the lift. Also the gear of choice seems to be 5.13s so thats already on the table. Now I need any feedback on what items and names of the products are to fill these needs. SO PLEASE ANYTHING YOU FEEL MIGHT HELP LETS GET IT. Considering the intial price of the purchase of the rig w/ every possible option that comes from the factory is already on so with that money spent I would VERY MUCH LIKE to build it ONCE and most important RIGHT. SO what cha got for me???????????
THANKS AGAIN
JESSE IN SPRINGIELD MASSACHUSETTES

· Banned
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and again the performance and lift and tires are my main and first concern. Stuff that is purely cosmetic will come after these needs are meet. The stero system in the only thing to this point is completely covered and actuall I would say been overdone to be truthful. My little brother works for MTX AUDIO so with a 62% discount having a system that reatils for 3500 but paid only a grand for it made it my first waste (oh I mean investment) of $$$$$$$$$

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Wheel it first, and fix the short comings as you find them. I made that mistake with mine. I probably could have wheeled some of the places I've been stock (the JK Rubicon is awesome), but I will never know. Good luck, and enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.