JKOwners Forum banner

141 - 160 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hopefully that connector does the trick. Better to feel like a dumbass, than at a total loss of what a problem could be.
My dad always said, "everyone has 15 seconds of dumb-shit each day. Some save it up; others it's just painful." I have those moments where one mistake takes me three days to find it and fix.

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
Big picture I am pulling for it to be the connector. Better that than something u have to keep chasing. Good luck!

I wish my brain farts were for only 15 seconds a day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
My dad always said, "everyone has 15 seconds of dumb-shit each day. Some save it up; others it's just painful." I have those moments where one mistake takes me three days to find it and fix.
At that rate I've spent just under 3.5 solid days being a dumb shit. Don't know if I should feel good about that or not. I'd think the true number would be in years though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Ok so...................... apparently I am a dumbass. Once the large lever lock connector that is between the battery and the TIPM was connected PROPERLY.......... everything works! This is what happened, Once the TIPM and the battery are in place there is literally just enough room for that connector to nestle down between the two and rest on the bottom of the battery tray. I eyeballed it at least a dozen times while I was problem hunting and it honestly looked fine but I couldn't pull it up to check it due to not enough slack in the harness, tight space, etc.... well when I got the TIPM out to send to Jon for testing I went ahead and pulled the battery to put on the charger and there was plenty of access to that connector. When Jon called and was walking me around the jeep after he checked all of my components out and found no issues he mentioned that connector and for the first time since I put all of that in I could actually get my hands on it. When I flipped it over I immediately saw that the cam lock lever was "off track" and wasn't pulling the 2 ends of the harness together at all. The other side looked fine and that was the side that I was visually checking all of those times.

So, it works now and I have primed the engine oil. I am off to get gas and it will be started! Video to come asap.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
lol, its loud AF, like the neighbors all came outside and were lookin around. I cant in good conscience start it again right now at this hour. I didn't video the first time because I wanted to be paying attention to things. I will get a video up tomorrow afternoon for sure.

I am running that tune, I sent it to Jon and he made some slight adjustments to it before he installed it on the e38. Not sure what all exactly to be honest. I know he had to do something to let the convertor live and I had him alter the idle speed to 900rpm as that's around where this cam likes to idle. It sounds really tough, those mufflers add quite a bit of deep tone to it.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
lol, its loud AF, like the neighbors all came outside and were lookin around. I cant in good conscience start it again right now at this hour. I didn't video the first time because I wanted to be paying attention to things. I will get a video up tomorrow afternoon for sure.

I am running that tune, I sent it to Jon and he made some slight adjustments to it before he installed it on the e38. Not sure what all exactly to be honest. I know he had to do something to let the convertor live and I had him alter the idle speed to 900rpm as that's around where this cam likes to idle. It sounds really tough, those mufflers add quite a bit of deep tone to it.
That is awesome!

Ya, kind of uncool to bug all the neighbors, better to wait till they're all asleep.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
That sounds sweet. Nice throaty rumble. Doesn't sound like it will be too loud cruising, but I bet that changes dramatically when you stomp on it.

Let the other guys drive around in 4cyl mode to gain 2mpg all they want. Fuck that.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that the video is pretty accurate as far as the tone but it sure feels louder when you are standing next to it. You can feel those exhaust pulses in your chest a good 6' away from it.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Dang...nothing like the sound of a V8 rumbling. Great job on the swap. Don't mind the question but how many hours do you think you have in it?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I may have to change mufflers. My flowmaster HP2 sounds good at cold start, ok at idle and WOT till 3000rpm, but completely lacks the "V8" lumpiness yours has.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I may have to change mufflers. My flowmaster HP2 sounds good at cold start, ok at idle and WOT till 3000rpm, but completely lacks the "V8" lumpiness yours has.
I think that lumpiness has more to do with the 525hp vs the mufflers! :smile2:

141 - 160 of 300 Posts