JKOwners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just a thought, if you removed the jeep ecm connectors you did not get them mixed up by chance?

·
Registered
519 Posts
ok, thats good. I never tried it when mine was apart, just a thought. Hope you get it. Jon will get it figured out.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Fuel cell is mounted. Just have to bolt in things on the top side and finish the plumbing.

Still can't get it to even attempt to start. Something is wrong with the can network.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Even if you are not showing a code on the jeep obd2, try clearing dtc's with an obd2 reader. It has worked for me in the past (prior to ls swap) when my fuel gauge went to e and I stalled out. A sensor must have been bumped and the jeep thought it had issues. Reset the dtc's and it fired right up.
(Would be sweet if that solved your issue, but prolly won't).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
You are getting power to the jeep ecu?
No clue, I sent some things back to Jon for evaluation. Honestly don't know if there is even anything wrong with them. I have checked and rechecked everything to the point I need the peace of mind that the TIPM, jeep ECU, and canbus box from Jon are operating properly. I don't like the thought of chasing an issue I cant find. When it comes to those components I don't have the ability to plug into them and see whats going on. All we can do on our end as consumers is just plug everything in correctly and hope for the best.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Understand. I am just thinking of the easy things first, usually that is what bites you when working on this stuff. Good luck, hope it is something simple. I know Jon will figure it out and get you going.

I know about the hooking things up, I got Hptuners so I could adjust things as need, heck I still cant figure the tuning out. One table after another to adjust this and that, :(

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
It's amazing how much they can charge for a sticker.:thefinger:

I like the extra touch with the safety wired bolts. It shows the mindset that Howe has. They work at a different level than most.

Interested to hear what Jon comes up with.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Interested to hear what Jon comes up with.
This isn't exactly normal territory with everything I'm doing, there's just as much chance that I've fucked something up as anything. I just want him to look over the meat and potatoes of the electronic shit to be triple sure it's in order.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
This isn't exactly normal territory with everything I'm doing, there's just as much chance that I've fucked something up as anything. I just want him to look over the meat and potatoes of the electronic shit to be triple sure it's in order.
Oh, I hear ya. Hopefully your build will help me avoid "some" of the fuck ups I'm sure I'll do.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
How difficult was it to do the swap without lifting off the body? I thought you had to do this in order to complete the swap. I have a '14 4dr jku that I want to do the swap. 5.3 or 6.2 6-10x pulling the 2000# trailer in the mountains of WA state.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
How difficult was it to do the swap without lifting off the body? I thought you had to do this in order to complete the swap. I have a '14 4dr jku that I want to do the swap. 5.3 or 6.2 6-10x pulling the 2000# trailer in the mountains of WA state.
Quoted from an earlier post of mine.

"I really didn't have the facilities available to me to remove the body. I did learn a couple of tricks along the way but all in all I have not run into one issue where I thought "man I really wish I could have removed the body" in some instances I was glad it was on to work around fitment issues WITH the body."

·
Registered
915 Posts
I agree with Dkjeep. Doing it with the body on really isn't a problem and if you haven't done a swap before it lets you know where the "gotcha" clearances are. The only time I wished I had access from the top of the frame was installing the transmission because the tranny jack decided to try and kill me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Well, Jon tested all of my components on another vehicle and there were zero issues. They are on the way back now, He called me again when I got home and we walked around all of the connections again and I may have possibly found out that the big connector right between the battery and the TIPM wasn't plugged in all the way...... I don't remember unhooking that connection but it sure wasn't connected properly.

We will find out tomorrow for sure when my stuff gets back to me. I will feel like a dumbass if that was it, a relieved dumbass but still a dumbass.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It happens. I disconnected the driver side ABS sensor wire during the swap for some reason. Only found it out while trying to solve my BRAKE code issue and couldn't remember doing so.

Reactions: Rubi-8

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
Well, Jon tested all of my components on another vehicle and there were zero issues. They are on the way back now, He called me again when I got home and we walked around all of the connections again and I may have possibly found out that the big connector right between the battery and the TIPM wasn't plugged in all the way...... I don't remember unhooking that connection but it sure wasn't connected properly.

We will find out tomorrow for sure when my stuff gets back to me. I will feel like a dumbass if that was it, a relieved dumbass but still a dumbass.
Hopefully that connector does the trick. Better to feel like a dumbass, than at a total loss of what a problem could be.

121 - 140 of 300 Posts