JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time chasing down an issue with new headlights.

Installed new Xprite LED headlights with Halo ring. Passenger side low beam will turn on for a min and then will blink a few times and then trip off and I have to disconnect the battery to reset. I have changed out all the adapters and swapped out sides and every component one at a time to eliminate bad connections or faulty equipment. The high beams are not affected and the original bulb will work find when i wire it back to factory.

1. Could it be a ground connection connection somewhere??? Where would i find the connection?
2. Is there a low beam relay somewhere??? If so i cannot find it.
3. Could it be something located on the steering column with the switch.

It definitely seems to be a voltage/Ground issue and only affecting passenger side . I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Back when I put LED headlights (Truck-Lite) on my 2007, I had some funky crap going on with flicker and one of the lights occasionally flashed like a strobe light. The best way to get those lights working without issues and to their maximum output is to wire them directly to the battery with a separate plug-in harness.

I bought this one:

RallyLights.com harness

I'm not familiar with the brand of lights you bought so I don't know if that's the harness you need. Probably is though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts