JKOwners Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just had this issue with my RHD 2.8CRD JKU
Its a 2007 build which stood on Chyslers car park for I presume 2yrs before I got it (cheap) in 2009

Has happened twice 3 wks ago, but (touch wood) OK since then.
Its now 6 months outside 3 yr warranty.
Just found out which is the IOD fuse if it happens again
Shop manager said it was a software fix which would have been updated during my service visits... mmmm

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's been hot in my neck of the woods lately...very hot. It seems like this problem is temp dependent. When it's really hot outside, it seems to do it worse and more often.

A giggle of the shift lever always gets it to start, or running the lever thru the gears then back to park. It just seems to be doing it much more often.

Anyone get a definitive fix out of Jeep yet?

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Ground Wires

Since adding the ground wires I seem to be fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Shake

What do you mean? also which issue do you have? the shake the shifter and then it works or the pull the fuse to reset the WCM? I have the fuse problem and would love a solution.
I had to push forward on the shifter. Since adding the grounds I'm not having any problems.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I had to push forward on the shifter. Since adding the grounds I'm not having any problems.
Jack, can you be more specific on what ground wires you are talking about? id love to get mine fixed and to stop doing this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 and 08 JK - Engine No Crank/No Start Condition - July 08

Hello all, just bought an 08 JK in June to replace a 03 TJ. Got her home, and the next day had intermittent no crank issue. Tapped the Auto Transmission gearshifter and she’d start. After the dealer denying it was related to the transmission, they one after the other ( with my pushing after each solution failed) replaced the battery, starter, ignition switch before finally looking at the transmission. I had to beg them to put in a TRS inside the transmission. While finishing up the TRS install, the tech noticed the shift cable wasn’t seated properly. So I’m told.
Bottom line.....once the TRS and that cable were replaced, my JK starts every time on the first crank.

Hope anyone with this issue gets as lucky as I did. Only took four trips to the shop over 7 weeks.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts