JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just want to let everyone know that jeep has finally fixed the ebrake issue. There is an updated handle and new cables. I installed it today and it works. The new cables are shorter. I got mine on eBay as a package and it said the cables and the handle were needed. I didn't notice anything different with the handle though. Just thought people would like to know. I will also update in a week or so to let everyone know if it still works.

·
Registered
163 Posts
All JK e-brakes work, at first. Use them a dozen times or so, get them dirty/muddy a couple times and they're toast. Shorter cables aren't really a good idea if you actually wheel you're Jeep and flex it out. If short enough, they'll actually inhibit droop.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
No. Just a counter point to the blanket statement that ALL JK parking brakes work, at first. Mine has been great from day one. So have the ones on the JKs I am locally familiar with.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No. Just a counter point to the blanket statement that ALL JK parking brakes work, at first. Mine has been great from day one. So have the ones on the JKs I am locally familiar with.
must be climate related. They're all garbage here within short order.

Edit: you're in Maine. I'm in New Brunswick. Can't be climate difference. Must be a Canada / US thing...

Reactions: Litch68

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
:koolaid:

I'm still mightily impressed w/ your e-brake, Ringer. I never knew that was possible until the thread you posted about that wicked custom setup you created! How's it holding-up?

Thanks. I've ran it for about a year now and it works great. I had to adjust the cable a few times as it stretched, but beyond that perfect.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The best parking brake I found is to leave the 6speed in gear.
More than a few JK owners have seen their JKs at the bottom of the hill they parked on after having left it in gear with the parking brake off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts