Isee Systems LED taillight conversion - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Isee Systems LED taillight conversion

I purchased the Isee-Systems LED military tail light conversion kit this month and thought I'd do a write up on the install. It's really simple but here goes.
The package arrived as so: Two tail lights, two transformers, instruction sheet, small bag with two zip ties and four washers.
Attached Images

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
-Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 07-02-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

First remove the 2 screws that hold the factory light onto the body (keep the screws, you will reuse them).
Depress the tab to separate the factory plug from the harness.
Once separated, the factory light can be set aside.
Next, attach the transformer to the square hole in the body.
Attached Images

post #3 of 42 Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Next, attach the bullet connectors from the transformer to the new light (in no particular order) and the plug to the harness (there is an x on the side of the plug that matches up with the tab on the harness). The plug does not snap together so use one of the supplied zip ties to hold the plug tight.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Now place one of the supplied washers onto the screw you removed earlier. Place the light in place and replace the screw. Your done.
Attached Images

post #5 of 42 Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Rock God

Those are sweet looking! nice write up as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 JKUR- 3 Inch Synergy Stage III Lift, PR44, 1310 Shafts, RROR Skids, 37" MTR's, Warn 9.5Ti, Bumpers, Sliders, OBA, Lights... bla bla bla
post #6 of 42 Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Very nice but holy crap batman on the price of those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 42 Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
That is the only thing I don't get. They are really sweet looking but $450 to still have a big plastic box on the corner that will easily be cracked by a tree or rock?

2008 JKUR- 3 Inch Synergy Stage III Lift, PR44, 1310 Shafts, RROR Skids, 37" MTR's, Warn 9.5Ti, Bumpers, Sliders, OBA, Lights... bla bla bla
post #8 of 42 Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
It seems like that can be said about 90% of the things made for the JK these days...

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
post #9 of 42 Old 10-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubauer View Post
Now place one of the supplied washers onto the screw you removed earlier. Place the light in place and replace the screw. Your done.
I really want a pair of those, but the iSee site quotes a price of $490.

Where can I get those cheaper?
post #10 of 42 Old 10-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Wheeler

Seriously though, why are jk parts so ridiculously overpriced? Lj parts were so much cheaper...
post #11 of 42 Old 10-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILWB View Post
That is the only thing I don't get. They are really sweet looking but $450 to still have a big plastic box on the corner that will easily be cracked by a tree or rock?
That's true but I have seen so many Jeepers that look on scratches, dents and busted lights as a badge of honor, looking down me and Jeepers because we try to take care of our Wranglers. I look my Jeep as an expression of who I am and a rugged, reliable vehicle that I want to keep and drive for many years to come.

I sent an email to Doug Miller at iSee and he said that the lights carry a full replacement warranty for 5 years from the date of purchase. It's hard to beat that! Great rugged design, great looks and a 5 year warranty.
Look at these lights as an investment for safety that looks great on any Jeep. I plan to keep my Wrangler for 20 years or more so these make sense for me to save up to get these.

I will save up to get a set of these! I love them!

Last edited by Macman1138; 10-21-2013 at 07:50 AM.
post #12 of 42 Old 10-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Rock God

500 bucks for something that offers zero benefit over the factory lights other than looking different... am i missing something here??
post #13 of 42 Old 10-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon.l View Post
500 bucks for something that offers zero benefit over the factory lights other than looking different... am i missing something here??
Yes, you are missing that people like to customize the heck out of their Jeeps, the LED assemblies are very rugged and made in the USA and that the lights will be be install and forget them as they will in all probably out last your Jeep.
Recon only gives 90 days warranty and the most that I have seen give a year at the most.

These iSee tail lights have a 5 YEAR replacement warranty! If iSee is backing their product this strongly, it's worth a look.

Yes, I do agree that they are overpriced by about $90 to $100 and they need to be competitively priced more in line with Recon and other vendors,
but I want a pair so badly!

Last edited by Macman1138; 10-31-2013 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Change content
post #14 of 42 Old 11-29-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubauer View Post
Very nice.
One question. How are the backup lights? It looks like just the 4 leds.
post #15 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Wheeler

I ordered a set of these today. No taxes but a little over $7 for shipping.
These innovative tail lights will look great on my 2011 Call of Duty.
post #16 of 42 Old 12-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Wheeler

I received and installed these iSee tail lights on 12 December, 2013, and errs a snap to install, no cutting, drilling or modification to the body sheet metal.
The lights are very bright and rugged in construction, the reverse lights are brilliant, just what I needed.

Last edited by Macman1138; 12-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
post #17 of 42 Old 12-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodon View Post
Seriously though, why are jk parts so ridiculously overpriced? Lj parts were so much cheaper...
I got mine today and they were a snap to install.

I was taken back by the price, but these are top notch quality LED tail lights and photos or videos don't do the product justice and there is a 5 year warranty to boot.
Well worth the money.
Get a pair.
post #18 of 42 Old 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILWB View Post
Those are sweet looking! nice write up as well.
If nothing else, these tail lights are very, very bright, much brighter than the stock tail lights with LED bulbs, and from a safety stand point they are worth the money.
I plan to keep my Wrangler for a very long time so with all the bulbs I have replaced with LEDs, it's much less I have to worry about. A lot of Jeepers will spend a lot of money on lift kits, bigger wheels and super chips but won't spring for Truck-Lites, LED turn and finder lights, let alone a decent set of tail lights. These iSee lights are the finishing touches on my Block 1 lighting upgrades.
Well worth the money, get a pair!
post #19 of 42 Old 12-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Wheeler

I am curious about the small shelf tabs under the main light section. It seems the one immediately under the lights has four small tic marks and the bottom one has one. What is the purpose of these marks? Is there a purpose? Is it supposed to mimic something military?
post #20 of 42 Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Granite Guru

Those are modeled after the military LED tail lights in use today. The small ticks are the black out lights. The row of 4 is the black out drive light and the row of 2 is the black out brake light. Black out lights are used when driving with NVG's.

I acquired a set of the tail lights and was going to do something similar using Rugged Ridges steal light housings. Keep in mind with the price of these (and I do agree they're expensive, I also agree most things for the JK are over priced when compared to previous wranglers) that you're getting the LED lights (they're not cheap), a wiring harness, and a new housing to mount it all up. For my Jeep I decided to go a different and cheaper route. Also, in comparison a pair of replacement factory lights are going to cost you almost 300$ from the dealership.

I don't find anything wrong with the factory lighting except the rear tail lights are prone to being damaged and pricey to replace. Truck-Lite LED head lights aren't going to do anything for me over the next 10-20 years that my stock lights won't. I actually wish we could go back to the dim head lights of the 80's and 90's because it would sure make driving alongside oncoming traffic far less painful.

Americans can sleep peaceably at night because US Soldiers stand ready to fight on their behalf

2008 Unlimited Rubicon: 37's, 3" Synergy Springs, Artec trusses, 5.38's, Winch, PSC/Poly Cage, Bumpers, TNT Alum belly skids, and other doodads
post #21 of 42 Old 12-22-2013, 02:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Jeeps have round headlights and square taillights. Nuff said

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #22 of 42 Old 12-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
The CJ2 had a single round tail light.

Americans can sleep peaceably at night because US Soldiers stand ready to fight on their behalf

2008 Unlimited Rubicon: 37's, 3" Synergy Springs, Artec trusses, 5.38's, Winch, PSC/Poly Cage, Bumpers, TNT Alum belly skids, and other doodads
post #23 of 42 Old 12-23-2013, 09:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Are these lights sealed? They look like cheap molded plastic lights.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #24 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
O-rly!
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #25 of 42 Old 12-24-2013, 01:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
O-rly!
Nice plate Kilroy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode