Viair 400H Install - Budget Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Viair 400H Install - Budget Install

I was sporting a Q Industries MV-50 for the last eight or nine years. When I reconfigured the subwoofer in the back of my two door, I had no room for the compressor so I decided to hard mount it under the hood. As luck would have it, the compressor would meet its demise after trying to remove the portable carry handle on it. So I ordered up a Viair 400h to replace it, here is the outcome.

The 50.00 dollar brake booster mounting bracket.

The bracket was too close to the brake lines for comfort.

Finished product - Wrapped the leader in nylon braid, remote mounted inlet filter.

Factory installed type M quick coupler.

The ambush rubber cap - forgot it was there twice and hit myself with it testing it. LoL

Remote mounted filter under dash inside the cab. Compressor is pretty well isolated from weather now.

Soooo, this compressor is fast! The fill time from 12-30 psi per tire on the stock 32's was a minute and a half. Way better than my MV-50 for sure, and this thing is way more quiet. So far I am pretty pleased with this and I have around 240 dollars into this setup which is decent for the outcome. Can't wait to use this out on the trail, I love the fact that I don't have to do anything more than connect a hose and flip a switch now!

Thank you to Marcus for getting me the bracket in break neck speed as usual! Always great service from him and Poly Performance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Man, that's a great project for only 240! Nice install

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Man, that's a great project for only 240! Nice install

Thank you Brother! The end game will be adding an extension bracket, manifold, pressure switch, tank, and air chucks front and rear. For now, i'm just grateful to be able to air down and back up again QUICKLY without having to drag out the red buzzbomb and wait for 20 minutes while everyone else is already aired up and getting ready to leave. Frickin Powertanks! It will be awesome when I have the tank and air chucks front and rear, I have always wanted that set up since I owned the TJ and never got around to doing it.

Once I relocate my evap canister, I was thinking about throwing some train horns in that spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Rock God

Viair 400H Install - Budget Install

That came out awesome!

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #5 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Don't waste time with an air chuck at the back. I have one at the front and the back but now I only use the one in the front. Air hose is cheap enough to just get an extra couple of feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode