Jeep Swag Hi-Lift Accessory Mounts. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Jeep Swag Hi-Lift Accessory Mounts.

I had a quite a few hiccups in getting these, but, Brett did work through the issues and here they are finally! Looks like i'll be axe and shovel shopping this weekend.

I will also be installing the second generation evap canister relocation kit so be expecting a mini review on that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
JKowners Vendor

Thanks for the post

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Went and got some tools for these things. So far, first impression is positive. In my case, this is a stellar way to store an axe and shovel inside the vehicle.

I have heard some people on FB whining on Joe from Teraflex' wall about how inconvenient it would be to remove the accessories to gain access to their Hi-Lift. Really? Four wing nuts with incorporated washers is too hard? For the extra 30-60 seconds it would take to remove this stuff, the utility is well worth it. This is awesome for the two door guys for sure.

Unless you're using your Hi-lift as a winch, you might already need the shovel anyways and even if not, the whole thing comes free with 4 wing nuts as a single item.

I dig it!

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 12-01-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Granite Guru

Swag has a 2dr mount now?

09 2 DR Rubicon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my JK is my addiction
post #5 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
Newp! That's my home grown mount. The accessory bracket is what this is about. I'm one of his testers, I received the reduced price to see if it would work in this configuration, which it does perfectly. It's a nice little add on. If you want to do the same thing, come on over one weekend, we'll get you set up if you're interested. It was cheap and easy.

Quote:
post #6 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Newp! That's my home grown mount. The accessory bracket is what this is about. I'm one of his testers, I received the reduced price to see if it would work in this configuration, which it does perfectly. It's a nice little add on. If you want to do the same thing, come on over one weekend, we'll get you set up if you're interested. It was cheap and easy.
Hell yeah I am. I've got mine strapped down with a couple straps. I'm back in town the 11th. Ill take ya up on the offer.

09 2 DR Rubicon
my JK is my addiction
post #7 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Hell yeah I am. I've got mine strapped down with a couple straps. I'm back in town the 11th. Ill take ya up on the offer.
PM me and i'll pick up the right clamps and hardware ahead of time and get it all cleaned and coated, etc. The most time consuming part is coating the clamps. Let me know.

Quote:
post #8 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Granite Guru

For those with 2dr's like mine, I mounted my Hi Lift up high on the rear bar using River Raider Hi Lift mounts. http://www.riverraider.com/store/JK-...ear-Jack-Mount

The instructions call for it to be mounted on the lower holes/bungs for the seat belts (you tap it with a 1/2" tap provided), then install the brackets. It was in my way most of the time, so I used the upper bung holes and tapped them. Works well and keeps the jack and accessories out of the elements.

With the rear seat in, I still have the usable space in back. Now with the JeepSwag accessory mount, http://www.jeepswag.com/Jack_Hi-Lift...ars/index.html I can carry my Axe/Shovel out of harms way.

This is by far, one of the best mounts for an axe/shovel combo.

Last edited by JRodriquez; 12-02-2012 at 06:22 PM.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Granite Guru

Nice set up! And those are the jeep swag shovel/axe mount too?

09 2 DR Rubicon
my JK is my addiction
post #10 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Rock God

Looks great! Unfortunately that won't work for soft top owners

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #11 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Nice set up! And those are the jeep swag shovel/axe mount too?
Yup, they are. Great product. You'll notice I didn't opt for the wing nut/washer, only have standard nuts/washers. May have to rethink this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post
Looks great! Unfortunately that won't work for soft top owners
I've use this with my soft top also, but yes, you do have to remove them when you need to lower/raise the top. Not the ideal situation, but it works for me and keeps them out of the elements/mud/dust/rain... unless I'm topless, of course.
post #12 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
I have heard some people on FB whining on Joe from Teraflex' wall about how inconvenient it would be to remove the accessories to gain access to their Hi-Lift. Really? Four wing nuts with incorporated washers is too hard? For the extra 30-60 seconds it would take to remove this stuff, the utility is well worth it. This is awesome for the two door guys for sure.

Unless you're using your Hi-lift as a winch, you might already need the shovel anyways and even if not, the whole thing comes free with 4 wing nuts as a single item.
I think the problem is that the wing nuts are not obvious in the photos, so it appears that one would need to grab a wrench or ratchet/socket out of the toolbag to be able to remove the tool holder. Using wingnuts with attached washers makes a lot more sense in terms of ease-of-use, though I personally would replace these with threaded t-handles so I could torque them down more tightly but still have fast access.

I have to honestly say that I've never needed to use a shovel on the trail, and finally stopped carrying anything more than a good folding e-tool. And I only carry a hand axe and a folding saw because of lack of mounting options for a full-size axe. But since this provides a nice clean and secure inside mounting option it might be a good idea. I definitely like it mounted this way inside than flapping away off the tailgate/tire-swing as I've seen in other photos. It might be enough to make me reconsider carrying both a shovel and full-size axe.

BTW, what is up with how clean and organized your Jeep is anyway? I thought you wheeled that thing? The only other person I know who wheels and has a Jeep that clean is FunJester, and that's because his wife washes it for him. You're not flying Mrs. Jester out to Az to detail your Jeep, are you?

I'm a JKO Reject
post #13 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
...I will also be installing the second generation evap canister relocation kit so be expecting a mini review on that as well.
Looking forward to this
post #14 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post

BTW, what is up with how clean and organized your Jeep is anyway? I thought you wheeled that thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodriquez View Post
You must be referring to this guy! Damn near show Jeep organized. I thought I had OCD about clean and tidy...

Quote:
post #15 of 21 Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
You must be referring to this guy! Damn near show Jeep organized. I thought I had OCD about clean and tidy...
Guilty Everything in it's place. Wifey likes a clean/organized Jeep (ok, me too)
post #16 of 21 Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodriquez View Post
Guilty Everything in it's place. Wifey likes a clean/organized Jeep (ok, me too)
Both of you, but yeah, JR's shit is way too clean. Like he's at a photo shoot to model Jeep accessories.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #17 of 21 Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
JKowners Vendor

Working on one. I'd say Feb. availability.

Quote:

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
post #18 of 21 Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Went and got some tools for these things. So far, first impression is positive. In my case, this is a stellar way to store an axe and shovel inside the vehicle.

I dig it!

Well, I read it...

Anyway, it looks very nice and tidy. However, I still stand by what I said in the other thread...

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, and more to come...
post #19 of 21 Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the help Chris. Kicks the hell outta my bungie cord set up.

09 2 DR Rubicon
my JK is my addiction
post #20 of 21 Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Woods is a cool dude and comes up with nicely thought out accessories.
post #21 of 21 Old 07-17-2018, 10:49 PM

What is the brand of your axe? I'm looking for that exact same one to put in my jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode