Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper Install. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper Install.

This is a step by step install of how to install a Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper (same for 2 door and 4 door) 2007-2011.

I advise doing the install before painting the bumper. But because i was pressed for time, i painted before i installed.

Step 1: Lay the bumper out on a raised surface and begin the sanding and degreasing process. I used steel wool.

Step 2: Prime and First Layer of bedliner

Step 3: More layers (i did 3 layers of bedliner)

Step 4: Remove the stock front bumper and light wires.
Step 5: Cut a straight vertical line down the tubing 2" from the start of the crash bar.
Step 6: Once removed, begin cutting the crash bar off. and grinding all cuts smooth.

Step 6: Slide on the bumper to make sure it fits. Once on, mark the holes for the bolts (2 on upper left, 2 on upper right, 2 on bottom left, 2 on bottom right) Then pull off the bumper and drill those holes. *Make sure the upper and lower holes line up*

Step 6: again, put on the bumper. Grab the 4 supplied bolts and slide them into the 8 drilled holes. be sure to put 1 washer on each side. Then tighten on the nuts on the bottom.

Step 7: if you have fog light wiring, i ziptied them up to the bottom of the bumper, so its not hanging.
Finished Product:

Be sure to check again in a few days that the bolts are tight holding the bumper on.

*The More You Play With It, The Bigger It Gets*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Wheeler

Looks good man. Nice write up. Why would you recommend installing and then painting it instead of vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone 5G

2010 2 door 6 speed | Teraflex 2.5" w/ shocks | Teraflex front trackbar | Teraflex Rear Upper arms | Rock Krawler Swaybar Disconnects | Maxxis Bighorn 315/75R16 | Procomp 7032 | AEV Procal | Crown Extended Brake lines | Spiderwebshades |
a few custom things here and there

post #3 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Nice! Been very happy with my front BFH. May want to consider doing this as well;

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72809

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Nice idea goody!!

And the reason I suggest testing to make sure everything fits is because once you paint it. You can't return it. If they were to for some reason send you a bumper that didnt fit right.

And also because you're working with the bumper so much on and off. Good chance of paint getting scratched off and smudged if painted before installing.

Sent from my handy dandy notebook.

*The More You Play With It, The Bigger It Gets*

post #5 of 5 Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Sweet! Just about the coolest front bumper going. May change to it this year.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode