JCR Crusader - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
JCR Crusader

Installed my new JCR Crusader with pre-runner bar today.

Removing the old: my Jeep with just over 12,000 miles had grown attached to the plastic bits that go with the factory front bumper. The cheesy plastic screws that attached the upper trim piece and lower air deflector wouldn't budge! I ended up grinding off the heads of the screws that held these plastic pieces in place. Once the big plastic bits were gone the rest of the removal went fast and easy. The factory fog harness popped out of the bumper easily. The eight bolts attaching the bumper to the frame were easy to remove.
BTW, I have a stock front bumper that needs a new home.

Install the new: First off, this bumper is amazing!! Great build quality! For the noob tackling this install, the mounting holes for the factory fogs need to be reemed out to line up with the studs on the new JCR bumper. Not a big deal, just hadn't thought about it before doing the swap. Mounting hardware that came with the JCR bumper had no locking feature. Factory mounting nuts are locking, but slightly larger than the studs provided on the JCR bumper. It would have been nice to reuse the factory nuts. So, I went out and bought some lock washers for the bumper mounting hardware and the factory fog hardware. The JCR bumper has an anti-rotation lug that attaches to the inside of the passenger side frame rail. The way my bumper lined up I needed a bolt that was 1/4" longer than the one provided. My Wrangler is a Rubicon with the e-disco. I ordered the non e-disco skid for this bumper from JCR. I don't know what the e-disco skid looks like, but this one lines up great. I did not install it yet because I didn't paint it. I didn't paint it because if I painted it and it didn't fit I would be stuck with a skid that didn't fit. I will add pictures to this thread with the skid after it is installed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode